Backpack hunting

I think I may have asked this before but can't hurt asking again.

Does anyone know of anywhere in the UK, I thinking most likely Scotland or Ireland, that offer guided or self guided multi day back pack hunts?

Its not something that really happens here i know, due to the size of the country and lack of any public hunting lands, but its very big in the states, nz and Australia. 

I have done a 4 day hunt in nz and loved the adventure as much as the hunting. I was planning to go back this year but covid has wrecked that plan so I am wondering if there is a viable alternative.

Any ideas or input gratefully received.

On 20/08/2020 at 16:31, KimE said:

Not UK or deer but i did a mountaingrouse  hunt in the scandinavian alps in march 2020. Skiis up on the mountain, tented, hunted for two days.

Pictures from 2016

DSCN2818.JPG

DSCN2834.JPG

The looks amazing! The adventure is the important bit. You also do the canoe hunting for beaver dont you? That is also on my bucket list

On 21/08/2020 at 21:50, Themole said:

Ireland would be ideal  we have 2 leases mountin 5 thousand acres and we could give 3 days on it hunting 

I was lucky enough to have a days hunting in the mountains in Ireland a few years ago, it was absolutely stunning country. We were looking for goats but blanked in the end. What species do you hunt and whereabouts are you?

Yes I like to be in the mountains its a big part of it I do hiking in the summer and skiing in winter too. Yes I do beaver hunting with canoe but its in smaller areas more suitable to stay in one place and have a tent as a basecamp. I am going to plan a beaver trip for you in the spring if you are interested. The large areas in the mountains and close are public land so you buy a hunting permit for a day or week for grouse. Large areas owned by forest companys can have a permit for smallgame  as caper and blackgrouse.

3 hours ago, KimE said:

Yes I like to be in the mountains its a big part of it I do hiking in the summer and skiing in winter too. Yes I do beaver hunting with canoe but its in smaller areas more suitable to stay in one place and have a tent as a basecamp. I am going to plan a beaver trip for you in the spring if you are interested. The large areas in the mountains and close are public land so you buy a hunting permit for a day or week for grouse. Large areas owned by forest companys can have a permit for smallgame  as caper and blackgrouse.

That sounds brilliant, thank you. 

The hunting here is very good, plenty of game etc and I am lucky enough to have good permissions, but we lack any real wilderness in my part of the country. There is some public access land but nowhere with public hunting access like there is in many parts of the world.

The south of the country and goats ?? I was looking at 3 groups well over 100 on the ground sunday collecting trail cameras  some very big heads  see alot of pucks this year compared to last year could see them on the open hill or forestry but they will have to be thinned out this season way to many in it 

2 hours ago, Themole said:

The south of the country and goats ?? I was looking at 3 groups well over 100 on the ground sunday collecting trail cameras  some very big heads  see alot of pucks this year compared to last year could see them on the open hill or forestry but they will have to be thinned out this season way to many in it 

I would be very keen on that. I will PM you

These have been up before but I like them. This was a 4 day backpack hunt in the ruahine mountains in New Zealands North Island. I shot my first red stag on this trip and a couple of meat animals. I absolutely loved it.

IMG_20190408_124623_134.jpg

IMG_20190408_124755_192.jpg

IMG_20190408_124410_362.jpg

• Like 5