• 2 months later...

Torch factory do the evo range which are pretty good and you can choose the lamping kit and get a mount (which is a bit basic) and an extended tail switch. 

I bought the 67mm - don’t do that it’s a great big numb thing but it does do something like 350m, wish I had done the 50mm but there is also a smaller one with a bit less range so all depends on how far you want to shoot. 

I had a nigh master previously that I dropped in some forestry one night and I think the Evo is maybe marginally better but mine is bigger so not sure how a similar sized one would stack up. 

They also do a rail / mount for attaching to the scope tube which is well worth having 

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Personally I  don't like torches that are mounted on guns. Firstly it ain't good to point a weapon at something that you don't intend to shoot and secondly it is just so unwieldy when you just want a quick flick round. Sometimes there is more than one thing to look at.

14 hours ago, Meece said:

Personally I  don't like torches that are mounted on guns. Firstly it ain't good to point a weapon at something that you don't intend to shoot and secondly it is just so unwieldy when you just want a quick flick round. Sometimes there is more than one thing to look at.

I used to carry one in my pocket and one on the gun the gun stayed on my back and i used to use the other one to scan the fields.

the rifle would only be pointed at what im going to shoot .

it gest heavy when ur scanning with the rifle and lamp lol

and iv not got noddle arms lol

Now i use an nv spotter to scan and an nv scope on my rifle

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

I've got a f900 but been told they're discontinued now my brother was at a gunshop just before greatest lockdown and he had a few in but not cheap think around 160 notes the ones with button you press and it changes from red to blue green and white I love one but wouldn't give the 160 for one I got mine off eBay second hand at 70. Another good one is the clulite supreme I think it is inked to use mine on medium and then there's a turbo button that give you a good 200 yard on a decent night this one I did get new think it was around 100 quid but left it on the spare wheel of landy and set off home like a complete tit couldn't find it the next day

• 1 month later...

I have two of these, I can't fault them, Olight Javelot Turbo 1300 meters throw rescue/search/hunting. Not cheap but really well made good beam, I have had a few different led torches over the years ,NM800 , Tablo ag10 etc but these out shine them easily. 

• 4 months later...
On 13/11/2020 at 20:18, Meece said:

I know I'm a bit late to this but, many of the torches these days are pretty small and light, certainly MUCH smaller than some lamping kits of old.

I think someone else mentioned it, but I always use another torch for scanning around, much quicker and easier and more convenient, also maintains the battery power on the rifle torch!  :thumbs: