Lynx in Scotland

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No need to go to Africa for seeing hypocritical "green" behavior. In Romania we are forced to fully protect bears, wolves and lynxes only because we had bad representatives when we negotiated EU membe

It does strike me as somewhat hypocritical that 'we' think we can tell Africa how to conserve their native fauna and ecosystems when we wiped ours out hundreds of years ago and won't give reintroducti

I did do a seach but i accidently typed in Big Twats, your name was top of the list.

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, kinkell said:

Go on then who won

They both were dead game, fought to the death. 

I can't post a link for some reason but it's on Google if you search, just an old legend that supposedly happened during the times of the crusades. 

Edited by Greb147
6 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Do you think reintroducing them to scotland would be beneficial?

You really would not notice they are that shy mate 

6 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

It does strike me as somewhat hypocritical that 'we' think we can tell Africa how to conserve their native fauna and ecosystems when we wiped ours out hundreds of years ago and won't give reintroduction much consideration.

Most facebook 'conservationists' of the West would have some dirt poor African f***ing lynched for poisoning a herd of elephants that are threatening his livelihood but it's alright for us here to stand on the prosperous shoulders of men that did exactly the same....

It's a nuanced and complex topic but if we value nature we have to start looking at the bigger picture.

Man playing god, wiping things out that never suited us now trying to put it back when there’s very little room for it, nature always has and always will thrive on neglect and it will take a big disaster to remove most of us before things can ever begin to heal and replace the balance, think Chernobyl has shown us what can be achieved when you take the human out of the equation ?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Dinosaurs said:

The tusks are razor sharp one of my dogs ended up with over 60 stitches to face & neck when she went for throat hold. Atb

The main problem your dog has is he is steaming into an already terrified animal that is fully aware it is fighting for its life most cat attacks are over before they start due to the element of surprise, Jaguars take camon  and crocs with ease but if the animal new it was about to be attacked the jaguar would loose its life, this young one is just learning his trade but you can see that all important first bite ??

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Greyman said:

The main problem your dog has is he is steaming into an already terrified animal that is fully aware it is fighting for its life most cat attacks are over before they start due to the element of surprise, Jaguars take camon  and crocs with ease but if the animal new it was about to be attacked the jaguar would loose its life, this young one is just learning his trade but you can see that all important first bite ??

Some sized Croc this Tiger kills. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Would they have a big impact on roe,rabbit and fox numbers?

Nowhere near as much as cars do, obviously I doubt any farmers would welcome them mind. 

Edited by Greb147
31 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Would they have a big impact on roe,rabbit and fox numbers?

Fox,s seem to reduce in areas with lynx but I think it’s eliminating competition rather than prey as they are often left uneaten, rabbits are pretty fecked anyways, and all the deer species need a predator to move them around to stop over grazing and to remove the weak and stupid 

30 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Nowhere near as much as cars do, obviously I doubt any farmers would welcome them mind. 

I think there is an insurance scheme that compensates farmers if the lynx release goes ahead which they will no doubt milk, don’t no lots about it but from the few conversations I’ve had the guy heading the project is apparently a bit of an abrasive character and has a habit of locking horns and pissing people off which is a problem when you are trying to win people over and gain trust ?

• Like 1

f***ing hell, I hope they don’t ........can you imagine the tales that will get told on the air gun section ! 

Joking aside, I tend to think Greyman is right, you would hardly see them.

Im surrounded by big blocks of forestry here and you hardly see a fox so a shy animal like a lynx would be a rare sight.

Im not so sure hill keepers would be delighted mind you, that is a direct and relevant threat to their living.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Greyman said:

Really good little documentary for anyone interested and if you get to the end take note of how much trouble a good tracker in his own back yard has finding the semi tame lynx he,s reared ?

Aaahh fecking brilliant that G. Thank you for putting it up. And that little bit about wildcats was very interesting ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, WILF said:

f***ing hell, I hope they don’t ........can you imagine the tales that will get told on the air gun section ! 

Joking aside, I tend to think Greyman is right, you would hardly see them.

Im surrounded by big blocks of forestry here and you hardly see a fox so a shy animal like a lynx would be a rare sight.

Im not so sure hill keepers would be delighted mind you, that is a direct and relevant threat to their living.

It wouldn't be the airgunners you'd have to worry about wilf, it'd be the bull cross yahoos ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1