Lynx in Scotland

15 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Not a 100% but I don’t think there has ever been a recorded lynx attack on humans, and there is only one country that looses any significant amount of sheep, but it’s because they graze them in the woods, they really are a secretive woodland cat, Spain has lynx not many people seen one despite most having been to Spain, I,d really like to see the program go ahead as the cats will be so tracked and monitored it will be nice to see how they explain it when one meets a partner that’s not part of the program ?

Yea I did see there was no reports of attacks from them on humans. It is nice to have the wildlife an i would like to see them in scotland. As for other countries with much larger areas than scotland just wonder if it work as well here. 

Like the scottish wild cat would like to see more help for them 

• Like 2

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No need to go to Africa for seeing hypocritical "green" behavior. In Romania we are forced to fully protect bears, wolves and lynxes only because we had bad representatives when we negotiated EU membe

It does strike me as somewhat hypocritical that 'we' think we can tell Africa how to conserve their native fauna and ecosystems when we wiped ours out hundreds of years ago and won't give reintroducti

I did do a seach but i accidently typed in Big Twats, your name was top of the list.

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Think there more for show than a workable tool, I look at multi,s as Maccy D,s for big cats ?

9DF58DFC-DCC6-488D-BFEA-1994C65448E0.jpeg

The tusks are razor sharp one of my dogs ended up with over 60 stitches to face & neck when she went for throat hold. Atb

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

What size of prey could a eurasian lynx take down mate ?

they could put down even adult male stags (even big stags, like ours from Romania). They will stalk from high points (trees or cliffs) and jump at the throat of the the prey.

The most affected game will be roe deer. Of course, it will need hiding points to stalk and large forest areas in order to avoid humans. It is very shy.

Human attacks are very rare but they exists.

Damage in domestic animals are not so bad as the ones from wolves or bears but they exist (especially lambs and goats)

The wild cats from the area will be killed and pushed back.

Edited by biriuck
  • Like 1

It does strike me as somewhat hypocritical that 'we' think we can tell Africa how to conserve their native fauna and ecosystems when we wiped ours out hundreds of years ago and won't give reintroduction much consideration.

Most facebook 'conservationists' of the West would have some dirt poor African f***ing lynched for poisoning a herd of elephants that are threatening his livelihood but it's alright for us here to stand on the prosperous shoulders of men that did exactly the same....

It's a nuanced and complex topic but if we value nature we have to start looking at the bigger picture.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Not a 100% but I don’t think there has ever been a recorded lynx attack on humans, and there is only one country that looses any significant amount of sheep, but it’s because they graze them in the woods, they really are a secretive woodland cat, Spain has lynx not many people seen one despite most having been to Spain, I,d really like to see the program go ahead as the cats will be so tracked and monitored it will be nice to see how they explain it when one meets a partner that’s not part of the program ?

There's an old legend in a village close to me called the Cat & Man in which a man fought a cat to the death. 

1 hour ago, smithie said:

It would be a bad night if I got  back to my long net after walking the field to find a big cat In it.

They would be some head scratching going on lol

Hedgehog, cat and even fox id help but big cat ... I’d see you back at the car ?

58 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

It does strike me as somewhat hypocritical that 'we' think we can tell Africa how to conserve their native fauna and ecosystems when we wiped ours out hundreds of years ago and won't give reintroduction much consideration.

No need to go to Africa for seeing hypocritical "green" behavior. In Romania we are forced to fully protect bears, wolves and lynxes only because we had bad representatives when we negotiated EU membership. 

The management of big predators was well organized, hunting ~400-500 bears each year and still maintaining a strong population. Now everything is out of controls, human attacks are often, crop and cattle damages are high (and rarely paid!) and revenge killing is a common thing. 

Bunch of "conservationists" from Germany, France or Holland are lecturing us on how to coexists! It is simply outraging

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1