Need to be quick grab a bargain

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

that's fair enough better a good pet home than some idiot writing it off as a failure by nine month and getting rid.

Don’t take this the wrong way and please don’t take offence...... but you don’t half talk some nonsense sometimes. You say that “most people in the Lurcher game and on here are money orientated” - how

If I bred a litter of pups I’d rather see one go to an old man to lie in front of a fire than some idiot that’ll feed it shit food, run it on hard ground, shout about how amazing it is then sell it.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, SheepChaser said:

What amazes me is how many folk don’t know what a line bred dog is, and the difference between that and a generation bred dog. Also also how much folk over complicate the whole job ? and mostly just to chase a few rabbits about every now and them, the odd fox, odd hare maybe and if they lucky a couple deer a season. Not knocking anyone at all, just the way it seems to be.

All this stuff about “I’d rather have a scatter bred dog, all the line bred dogs I’ve seen are crap etc” I’m not saying either is right. But if you’ve mostly seen crap dogs, or average at best, how can you say? Obviously you only should source ours from the best stock you can find, and if that’s not in your kennel, don’t breed, no matter whether it’s your line, someone else’s or a random mutt you found on the street.

Its simply scientific fact that true line breeding of quality animals, whatever the breed, increases the chances of a consistent, even litter / crop that performs well (however you measure that performance).

Yer sure, if you breed a line of crap then you will produce crap. 

Re scatter bred dogs, when I said typey before, that’s the point I was trying to make re litter wastage. If you have a huge number of breeds in a Lurcher x Lurcher breeding, you’re going to run the risk of curve balls, ie pups much smaller, bigger, slower, or thrown to wrong sort for job you after etc. But if you breed two unrelated typey dogs together, with similar breeds, you shouldn’t get too much variation.  

It never med sense the first time and still don't 

55 minutes ago, two crows said:

no p***y poacher did, there is a thread about it.

I got a pup off him & it turned out parents weren’t what they were meant to be, dog wasn’t awful to be fair just didn’t suit what I was after, mate down south had it to mess about with and was quite happy with it.

I’ve seen a few good coursing bred dogs but in general I don’t think much to them for hard work, ones that can take stick are few and far between. This opinion doesn’t suit Two Crows though with him being a coursing dog groupie/promoter, as they’ve all got their head up each others arses and can’t admit their dogs have any faults.

I reckon he’s an old bullshitter that does f**k all with his dogs and probably didn’t do all that much when he was younger either so he comes on here with a few old pictures & acts like a fountain of knowledge.

The pup I’ve got at the moment is actually out of a coursing bred bitch that I’ve seen run a lot and rate highly, back to a good lamping dog, so that shows how bitter I am.

That’s the last I’ll say on it hope everyone has a good season whatever type of dogs you’ve got

Edited by Shadow100
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Shadow100 said:

I got a pup off him & it turned out parents weren’t what they were meant to be, dog wasn’t awful to be fair just didn’t suit what I was after, mate down south had it to mess about with and was quite happy with it.

I’ve seen a few good coursing bred dogs but in general I don’t think much to them for hard work, ones that can take stick are few and far between. This opinion doesn’t suit Two Crows though with him being a coursing dog groupie/promoter, as they’ve all got their head up each others arses and can’t admit their dogs have any faults.

I reckon he’s an old bullshitter that does f**k all with his dogs and probably didn’t do all that much when he was younger either so he comes on here with a few old pictures & acts like a fountain of knowledge.

The pup I’ve got at the moment is actually out of a coursing bred bitch that I’ve seen run a lot and rate highly, back to a good lamping dog, so that shows how bitter I am.

That’s the last I’ll say on it hope everyone has a good season whatever type of dogs you’ve got

well we all  cant be special, so some have to make stuff up to try and get a bit of attention, posting  about things we never did, and know  nothing about, in the 5 mins we been doing it.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, two crows said:

well we all  cant be special, so some have to make stuff up to try and get a bit of attention, posting  about things we never did, and know  nothing about, in the 5 mins we been doing it.

That kind of thing was compulsory in the beer tent infact u could get filled in 4 not lying enough 

Prices of dogs just taking the piss now. Got my saluki x grey from a mate for free. He owns bothe sire and dam and both his dogs came from round Sunderland way, worker to worker from a very old line. Sire and dam to my pup, put in a good day and nights graft and my pup is showing real potential now. The dog world has gone mad, especially with all these made up breeds going for near 3 grand. As long as dickheads keep buying them, our circle will just get smaller until we're all gone. Shame a few idiots can ruin good dogs and produce overpriced shite.

58 minutes ago, cantona said:

How  long do people think  the prices will stay inflated for?  Surely the market will be saturated soon and dogs will return to the real money value , or is this how it is now?

Until the lurcher is ruined as a type as a working animal an people loose interest in of the peddling of them an when no one gives a f**k about them any more as a type the prices will come back down but the fact that most people in the lurcher game an on here are money orientated means we’re f****d! 

• Like 1