Ferret Care Guide

Been asked loads the past couple of months by newbies on ferret care as everyone is starting to get there kits and has no idea how to really care for them; Ive tried to compose  a basic ferret care guide for all your newbies out there and hope this can help you guys..  Hope this aloud ??

https://www.rabbitexpress.co.uk/post/the-ultimate-guide-to-ferret-care 

• Like 1

Some good points in that blog. Just as relevant to pet owners. On dried food feeding I don't know about long term all year use but I've feed it for many years during the summer and not had any issues with health so for me its a great option. One proviso and TBH more of a concern to me is they need a lot of water with dried food. In comparison mine hardly seem to drink when on a mostly rabbit diet during the winter.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, vfr400boy said:

£120 for a ferret wow ! ! 

Ye I know I wouldn't be paying it but know people who have paid over £150 so just wanted to put it in there :). Thank you that's a good point about the died food and I know many people who do it this way; I do think it makes a huge difference though being fed meat during winter as it must kinda balance it out. but seen loads of ferrets fed dried year round and just don't perform as good as a ferret fed raw. thanks everyone for your comments really appreciate it :) 

5 hours ago, Luckee legs said:

Some good points in that blog. Just as relevant to pet owners. On dried food feeding I don't know about long term all year use but I've feed it for many years during the summer and not had any issues with health so for me its a great option. One proviso and TBH more of a concern to me is they need a lot of water with dried food. In comparison mine hardly seem to drink when on a mostly rabbit diet during the winter.

Kibble fed ferrets are moderately dehydrated as they can't drink enough water to compensate for the lack of moisture in the kibble.  It has the same moisture content as cardboard.

• Like 1
On 18/08/2020 at 02:00, ferret lady said:

Kibble fed ferrets are moderately dehydrated as they can't drink enough water to compensate for the lack of moisture in the kibble.  It has the same moisture content as cardboard.

I reckon, I wouldn't like eating dry Weetbix every meal

• Like 2