More fun

As most of you know I have FX crown .22 FAC pushing out 40 ftlbs , FX impact .25 FAC pushing out 72 ftlbs , CZ 457 .22lr Pushing out 100  ftlbs and tikka.17 HMR pushing out 255 ftlbs  .

i seem to favour FX crown , that’s the one I shoot the most , but tonight I went out with my BSA ultra.177 ,which has been tuned by Carl at airtech and never miss’s a beat , that was about 5 years ago 

I had more fun or should I say , had more enjoyment tonight shooting sub 12 tonight than shooting FAC. Yes FAC has it place that’s for sure , but I am always thinking about back stops , is it safe to take that shot , what happens if it ricochet, what direction will it go , how far will it go . Don’t get me wrong , you still have to think about it with Sub 12 , but with JSB pellet , light or heavy you know it’s going to flatten right out and dump all its energy With it being Made from a softer lead  .

i think I will always be a sub 12 man at heart , just enjoy it more and only shooting from 25-65 yards . If anyone is thinking  about going down the FAC route  Definitely do it , but keep a sub 12 as well , some of my permission aren’t suitable for FAC , which I am glad of , it gives me the opportunity to shoot sub 12 

I have said it more than once , these ultras will match any top price daystate crap ?pellet for pellet any day of the week , even with out a tune !!

• Like 7

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As most of you know I have FX crown .22 FAC pushing out 40 ftlbs , FX impact .25 FAC pushing out 72 ftlbs , CZ 457 .22lr Pushing out 100  ftlbs and tikka.17 HMR pushing out 255 ftlbs  . i seem to

Not experienced a fac air gun but the achievement of getting close to your alert quarry than just picking it off from a distance is surely more rewarding , fieldcraft I think it’s called ?

Use the ultra loads still Mitch? the boys pretty nifty with it too, out on the ferrels last week:)

Posted Images

it is very true you can have a lot more fun as you do not have the worries of fac power.just blasting away at spinners for example is great with no pressure of where the bullets will end up and is my gun too loud,will people complain etc.it is just point and shoot and forget nearly.also the fact that pellets are a lot cheaper so no worries about cost of lets say firing 100 rounds through my .223 at nearly a pound a shot.

2 hours ago, philpot said:

Tuned to perfection.........................................held together with a tie strap.................................oh Mitch ?

Phil

Was going to fit a black one , but White tie straps matter ?

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, lifelong cumbrian said:

do you not have the 110k now mate.

No sold it , one of my biggest regrets 

it was the 110 and not the K , but still have my HW100k 

sorry you are talking about phil , to many ciders ?

2 hours ago, lifelong cumbrian said:

do you not have the 110k now mate.

Let yer off Mitch.

I bought the 110k in .22 and simply didn't like the calibre too much but the rifle was lovely to shoot so this time I want the .177

Phil

• Like 1