Living in the past

If you live in any part of history, when would it be and why.

For me it would be when they were building newgrange in the Boyne valley. 

Just to see how and why they did it. 

I know a bit of a silly question, but it makes a nice change, 

Atb j 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Born in 51 and it was a good time to live. We had f**k all but far more neighbourly the back door was never locked. Made our own entertainment as kids got together buggered off to the woods all day no

Mid 40s to 1950, think after the war people still cared for each other had a strong sense of community and patriotism, plus you have the swinging 60s ahead of you when your at your peak, a man was sti

I might be grafting but the neighbors aren't drinking cider and sniffing coke while I'm growing veg or working I  the field.. They wouldn't survive..its worth grafting to get rid of that shower o

7 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Always quite fancied being around in the 13 th century... Interested to know what and where the knights templars really ended up ?

A lot of theories behind what happened 

Atb j 

I thought maybe the mid 19th to mid 20th century........

Then I remembered rickets, T.B., kids down mines and up chimneys, real poverty, ( not the type they complain about today), slums, wars where working class were just cannon fodder, no NHS or dole money;

Then I think maybe today's not so bad ! LOL !

Cheers.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Mid 40s to 1950, think after the war people still cared for each other had a strong sense of community and patriotism, plus you have the swinging 60s ahead of you when your at your peak, a man was still a man and catching your dinner was something to be proud of and admired, great music cars and opportunities for all ??

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Born in 51 and it was a good time to live. We had f**k all but far more neighbourly the back door was never locked. Made our own entertainment as kids got together buggered off to the woods all day no food or water (Drinking from a stream maybe)making camps, hide and seek, scrumping. Knocking about in the street till you got called in Lol. Catching a Rabbit or poaching a Pheasant, catching a Bass or Flounder to help feed the family. Then Terrier work and shooting as I got older, borrow the odd Salmond, Skinning Foxes for pin money. Imo the best music times from rock and roll to present day. Would not change much, some hard times but better times.

Cheers Arry

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Middle Ages for me between the 5th and 15th centuries so that I could die a glorious death on the battlefield one load of blokes one side another the other a load of shouting and hollering and then bosh meet in the middle go mental with a sword mace whatever takes your fancy and then maybe survive but more than likely die.

• Haha 2

I'd like to have been born 100 year earlier, I'd probably have been a shrimper and life must have been so much simpler back then living off the shore and marshland. 

Edited to add, I wish everyone still spoke like this here too. 

https://sounds.bl.uk/Accents-and-dialects/Survey-of-English-dialects/021M-C0908X0044XX-1000V1

Edited by gnipper
  • Like 3

I'd like to go  back far enough that it was a time when most had a home and small piece of land thay had to work every day just to exist and the  pass down to the children so they could survive. Horse and cart with haystacks In the field waiting to be brought In by the near community as well as your family. 

No wars and a nice community spirit

Dont know if it ever was but it sounds  good to me

• Like 2
1 minute ago, smithie said:

I'd like to go  back far enough that it was a time when most had a home and small piece of land thay had to work every day just to exist and the  pass down to the children so they could survive. Horse and cart with haystacks I  the field waiting to be brought In by the near community as well as your family. 

No wars and a nice community spirit

Dont know if it ever was but it sounds  good to me

Grafting your knackers off just to survive? 

Take me back to the hunter gatherer days, f***ing and feeding. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1