how hot at work

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spare a thought me fellas - still on furlough on full pay, sat under a parasol with a horrible cold drink in the burning sun.   It's murder I tell you - when the sun starts to set and the sm

My mate went to Ireland years ago to visit family. When he asked about Poitin, he was told 'we don't know about that around here' - the next morning, there was a couple of bottles of it on his doorste

I despise drinking out of jam jars. Every time I get served a drink over here I demand a proper glass fcjn septic tank bad etiquette  drink - glass jam - jar 

Posted Images

????? 'kin fannies! 

I take a cold shower most afternoons and I'm sweating like Jimmy in a disabled kids ward by the time I pick up the towel to dry off ? 

30°C is a normal day here in Barcelona, for 5 months of the year. The heat is not the issue though really, it's the humidity that kills you! Even the locals winge about it ;) Go to Lleida and you get regular temps of 40°C+ but it's dry heat and doesn't seem to drain/effect you the same.

FFS you lads don't realise how lucky you have it..........try sitting round a lake fishing the pellet waggler for carp, casting in and out every 2-3 minutes hard work in this heat ....................glad i'm on 80% of me wages for doing it, it eases the pain a bit. 

10 minutes ago, jetro said:

Got ya.

Atb j 

https://www.westermans.com/ami-207-orbital-welder-orbitale-with-closed-orbital-welding-head.aspx try an explain it better I got 3 orbital tig welding heads bit different to the one on these pics , and 3 of these controllers each one sat on a water cooler ?

found pic of the welding heads I have .

5D194CA7-4AD3-4369-BC10-81A9D79FA9AD.jpeg

30 minutes ago, mushroom said:

????? 'kin fannies! 

I take a cold shower most afternoons and I'm sweating like Jimmy in a disabled kids ward by the time I pick up the towel to dry off ? 

30°C is a normal day here in Barcelona, for 5 months of the year. The heat is not the issue though really, it's the humidity that kills you! Even the locals winge about it ;) Go to Lleida and you get regular temps of 40°C+ but it's dry heat and doesn't seem to drain/effect you the same.

F1 is at Barcelona this weekend and the teams are worried with concerns that the tyres will blister like they did at the weekend at Silverstone. 

I don't think it's going to be that hot tbh but if it is can see it being fun. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

https://www.westermans.com/ami-207-orbital-welder-orbitale-with-closed-orbital-welding-head.aspx try an explain it better I got 3 orbital tig welding heads bit different to the one on these pics , and 3 of these controllers each one sat on a water cooler ?

found pic of the welding heads I have .

5D194CA7-4AD3-4369-BC10-81A9D79FA9AD.jpeg

Thanks. 

Is it all computerised

Brother in law is a welder, making parts for fire engines and ambulances. 

He hates it, stuck in a small cubicle all day everyday

Atb j 

Atb j 

4 minutes ago, jetro said:

Thanks. 

Is it all computerised

Brother in law is a welder, making parts for fire engines and ambulances. 

He hates it, stuck in a small cubicle all day everyday

Atb j 

Atb j 

Yes basically but it’s not case of just slinging pipes an fittings in and pushing the button as the welds can miss or sink ,very temperature sensitive, nightmare after lunch break . 

We do hydraulic an brake lines for caterpillar an jcb an they just started doing   Parts for some Russian bulldozer company .

no cubicles or open plan but they don’t want you wandering away from work station unless it’s toilet break .

10 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Yes basically but it’s not case of just slinging pipes an fittings in and pushing the button as the welds can miss or sink ,very temperature sensitive, nightmare after lunch break . 

We do hydraulic an brake lines for caterpillar an jcb an they just started doing   Parts for some Russian bulldozer company .

no cubicles or open plan but they don’t want you wandering away from work station unless it’s toilet break .

?

Atb j 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

F1 is at Barcelona this weekend and the teams are worried with concerns that the tyres will blister like they did at the weekend at Silverstone. 

It is that hot! Right now we having a weird heat wave, the air temp is high but so is the humidity and it is really uncomfortable.

Been a couple of times to the F1 here, won't be going this year though but not because of the heat ;)

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, mushroom said:

It is that hot! Right now we having a weird heat wave, the air temp is high but so is the humidity and it is really uncomfortable.

Been a couple of times to the F1 here, won't be going this year though but not because of the heat ;)

Latest forecasts are high 20's low 30's?

50 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

10 minutes ago, Wideboy said:

What f***ing clue would you have? You live in England you nugget. 

Or did you become an expert in the Spanish climate by watching YouTube. What a f***ing know it all prick. 

7/4 the relentless one ?

Edited by shaaark
12 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Latest forecasts are high 20's low 30's?

Not counting for spikes and individual areas, sounds right.. Come here and walk on the beach barefoot lol. I have to put socks on the dickhead, everytime we go to the beach. Otherwise he walks like John Cleese ?

P.s. the F1 track is further inland and on the other side of the mountains/hills that surround BCN. The humidity isn't trapped,  so the track will and does get fuuckin hot ;)