how hot at work

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spare a thought me fellas - still on furlough on full pay, sat under a parasol with a horrible cold drink in the burning sun.   It's murder I tell you - when the sun starts to set and the sm

My mate went to Ireland years ago to visit family. When he asked about Poitin, he was told 'we don't know about that around here' - the next morning, there was a couple of bottles of it on his doorste

I despise drinking out of jam jars. Every time I get served a drink over here I demand a proper glass fcjn septic tank bad etiquette  drink - glass jam - jar 

Posted Images

I'm not sure on the temp but carrying 3x2 flags up a slope and 9 ft concrete posts I had enough by half two dropped one lad of at the pub and another at home feck it it was just warm hopefully it thunders and rains here clear the air a bit 

12 minutes ago, .357shooter said:

well have any of you been working in what can only be described as way too fecking hot conditions at work.i work in a factory producing all sorts of parts on my little cnc m/c.monday temp was 33deg

tuesday 34deg

today 36deg.

anyone top that ?

de wogs would call you a lightweight...

Mponeng is a gold mine in South Africa's Gauteng province. Previously known as Western Deep Levels #1 Shaft, the underground and surface works were commissioned in 1987. It extends over 4 kilometres (2.5 mi) below the surface, and is considered to be one of the most substantial gold mines in the world. ... The temperature of the rock reaches 66 °C (151 °F), 

6 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

What are you growing??????

last week due to the heat and humidity this kicked off in the next province 

2 dead

Not growing nothing ??

I work in a garden centre and most of its covered by poly tunnels

• Like 1

Spare a thought me fellas - still on furlough on full pay, sat under a parasol with a horrible cold drink in the burning sun.

It's murder I tell you - when the sun starts to set and the smell of honeysuckle and jasmin drift up the garden, the only consolation I have is a rum and ice to keep me going :no:

How degrading and an affront to my human rights that I occasionally have to get up to go for a pee or get something to eat .

....... there's even been 2 occasions when I've had to stop looking at at THL ?

Anyway, just £3 a month from all of you will keep me going with that nice orange juice from the local Co-OP :yes:

IMG-20200810-WA0012.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
5 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Spare a thought me fellas - still on furlough on full pay, sat under a parasol with a horrible cold drink in the burning sun.

It's murder I tell you - when the sun starts to set and the smell of honeysuckle and jasmin drift up the garden, the only consolation I have is a rum and ice to keep me going :no:

How degrading and an affront to my human rights that I occasionally have to get up to go for a pee or get something to eat .

Anyway, just £3 a month from all of you will keep me going with that nice orange juice from the local Co-OP :yes:

IMG-20200810-WA0012.jpeg

What are you drinking rum with a green pit viper in the glass for..... 

22 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

IMG-20200810-WA0012.jpeg

I despise drinking out of jam jars. Every time I get served a drink over here I demand a proper glass

fcjn septic tank bad etiquette 

drink - glass

jam - jar 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

I despise drinking out of jam jars. Every time I get served a drink over here I demand a proper glass

fcjn septic tank bad etiquette 

drink - glass

jam - jar 

It's not a real jar you pretend yank :laugh:

.......... it's some fake bollocks that I got with a bottle of Southern Confort a few Christmases ago.

And If you diss my jar again, I'll stamp on a packet of Quavers :whistling:  :laugh:

Ps, my offer still remains  :good:

• Haha 1