I always refer to the school holidays as “silly season” . We always get more people on the estate , mostly well behaved, some not so . I mentioned in another post about a family surrounded by cattle with dad bravely up a tree . We get picnickers leaving their rubbish, gangs of Young people playing music and smoking and drinking , also leaving little silver gas bottles everywhere. The list of nonsense goes on . Now with this hot weather it’s brought out the swimmers.......naked swimmers . Now if wouldn’t be too bad if they all looked like page 3 girls ....... but they don’t . The last lot were old blokes and one old woman . We are talking roofers nail bags . I wouldn’t bother but it’s a trout fishery and the last thing the  old JR Hartleys want is to be confronted with that lot . We have also had pissed up Eastern European’s drinking on the bank , BBQ going and jumping in . It’s ten times worse this year because of lockdown and not all the pools open .

Bring on winter ..... please!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

Bring on winter ..... please!!!!

Exactly!! Hopefully that will be the end of silly season and the idiots stay indoors. They are nothing but a nuisance wandering all over the place wherever they like. 

• Like 2

The other week to old walker's I've been seeing a few times walked past me as I remained hidden this time.

Next thing I know the short fat woman pulls her leggings ( or pyjamas) down and has a pee in front of me! Then she gets up and has a look around to then notice me standing there turned a funny shade of green!

Yes, bring on winter!

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
24 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

The other week to old walker's I've been seeing a few times walked past me as I remained hidden this time.

Next thing I know the short fat woman pulls her leggings ( or pyjamas) down and has a pee in front of me! Then she gets up and has a look around to then notice me standing there turned a funny shade of green!

Yes, bring on winter!

Nothing like a fat lady with her growler out.

I know what you mean, though.

Round our way its the paddle boarders and kayakers - my local river is busier than the m25.

Watched through my binoculars as one family tossed the remains of their uneaten picnic into the shallows.

The gudgeon loved the drum sticks.

Sooner it cools down, the better.

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Yes, bring on winter!

?

• Like 2