Dandie Dinmont Pup

3 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

There was a pair of roe kids ran across tanners bank a couple of months back, a cyclist filmed them, deer have been down there for over twenty year that I know of, and I've heard from older people that knew of them being around way back

I stand corrected, my apologies. Even back in the day I did not know that anything other than rats or feral cats lived there. 

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got myself new pup  DDT KC  etc very surprised when told the breeder i would be taking him out with the rat pack. She seem well up for it any way he 4 1/2 month now and doing ok he got my Plummer

Barney  

This was him few weeks ago before he was striped. PUD

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

I stand corrected, my apologies. Even back in the day I did not know that anything other than rats or feral cats lived there. 

No apologies necessary mate, I found it hard to believe that deer would be down there, think it was the News Guardian that had an article one time about deer being spotted around Collingwoods monument, Tynemouth pier, and Longsands

Talking feral cats of all places a few year back back of our old woolworths was alive with the feckers , when they they pulled it all down and moved them on and poshed it up its now alive with rats instead thats the furry ones and the spicy ones ? bring back the feckin feral cats ??

• Like 2
On 12/08/2020 at 19:20, WHWT said:

Why a DDT because i always fancied one simple as that

Good on you for choosing to work an old and different breed.I had Australian Silky terriers as a kid and spent a lot of time ratting with them and they would also bolt foxes.If you can awaken the hunt in terriers,even if not used for generations, you can end up with an unusual and useful working dog imo.

• Like 2

My introduction to those parts of the Tyne was tagging along with my dad and his mate when they went digging for ragworm. It was filthy back then with turds and condoms bobbing about in the water. Somehow the ragworm thrived but it was hard graft. They could only be found below high tide level which was completely covered in lose rock. The trick was to dig quickly on the edge of the ebbing tide before they went too deep. Maybe they had evolved like that due to constant overdigging on the easy parts, a bit like trying to catch rabbits on heavily lamped land? My dad and his mate would work in tandem with a spit each, clearing the rock and then digging into the sand which was peaty black. It was worth the effort though as they used to get large lively aggressive worms, far superior to the small half dead sloppy stuff from bait shops. Neither of them was into hunting which was a shame as they would have been useful blokes out with terriers as they were like human JCB's.

• 2 weeks later...

Been out ratting last two nights got 14 wed 35 last night Barney the Dandie been out both nights he starting to switch on he only five month so no rush, photographer still not been out but will put photo up soon as get decent one.

PUD

On 24/08/2020 at 12:12, big sid said:

looking through some old ratting vids i see one you made pud, you had a tri coloured plummer that was very young and very good yer mate had a black dog called flint and i think you had an old black and tan bitch as well,enjoy watching these wee vids and seeing other lads and different dogs some of the men in them must still be about, anyone know if theyre still at the game.men like ALBERT FOX, JIMMY ROSE, JOE WOOLY, DAVE platt.

Think Jimmy Rose is still alive. Lives in Worksop

• Like 3