Said To Myself, Last Night

1 hour ago, Ken's Deputy said:

What about that rugby player? Had one of his balls torn out, during a match. Stood there on the side line, glaring at the continuing match as a doctor sewed it back in again. Then was straight back amongst it!!!

Fukk me, I think That trumps the lot of us!

He’s a fanny lol was he bending the knee the woos 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been on here a good few years and every now and then someone puts a pic up of an injury they have suffered (honourable mention to three fingered Ken ) they have been of varying degrees of serio

Man up socks does a lot worst every time he sharpens a knife 

Reckon I can top em all. Today I nearly severed my finger end with a tile and then got a splinter adjacent to the gaping wound. I feel lucky to still be here to tell the tale.

Posted Images

21 hours ago, jetro said:

????

How and when did this happen 

Atb j 

bout 4 years ago

i got called to cut a huge tree limb down that was hanging off another branch at a school.

off i went with a chainsaw and a 17yr old summer student.

up the tree i climbed approx 15ft up with chainsaw.i couldnt reach the hanging limb so said fck it

cut the limb its hanging off,job done.

nope,cut it and the fckr bounced back up and clipped me just on the top off my work boots.

felt a tingle and moist feet.

climbed down the tree and lifted me pant leg up to see what was in the posted pic.

summer student nearly passed out LMFAO

so packed the stuff up and got her to drive me 40mins to the town hospital.

3 months i was off due to infections caused by the doc not cleaning out the wound properly.

still have a right good divet in me leg

• Like 1
Just now, Ted Newgent said:

bout 4 years ago

i got called to cut a huge tree limb down that was hanging off another branch at a school.

up the tree i climbed approx 15ft up with chainsaw.i couldnt reach the hanging limb so said fck it

nope,cut it and the fckr bounced back up and clipped me just on the top off my work boots.

climbed down the tree and lifted me pant leg up to see what was in the posted pic.

3 months i was off due to infections caused by the doc not cleaning out the wound properly.

Ted that’s a proper chopper u add not these Mickey Mouse scratches up on here ?

• Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

bout 4 years ago

Your lucky you weren't killed.

Last year my misuse and myself were driving down the road. This you lad waved me down to stop. He said a some fell a was hurt in the field. I checked it out. This man was cutting down a large tree, and it broke at the cut and kicked back. Cleared him off his feet. He was bearly alive. Called the doctor, he wouldn't come, told I had to bring him back, my wife went to look for help, then this man started shouting to get  him out, going frantic, he couldn't walk, so I dragged him out to the road on my jacket, kept him at ease. From his forehead back to the top of his head, he was scalped, to the skull, the young boy went white, green, then sick. 

My wife finely got in contact with a fella with a van, and we got him to the docs. 

He suffered broken collar bone, leg, ribs scalp injuries, and bruises. 

Doc said if we didn't pull him out he wouldn't have made it, shock and exposure would have killed  him 

And to this day, he hasn't even said thanks, or even spoken to me.

I'm not bothered either way,

Atb j 

Also, there must be karma. He was robbing the tree, pay back lol

• Thanks 1

Lad that worked for me got off a 360 digger ,one foot on the front blade ,slipped and bent his leg over his knee forward .As he stumbled about in pain he clocked his head on the bucket opening it up for 9 stitches .Paramedics took an hour to get there ?

The first aid course I did ,didn’t quite cover any of that but by keeping pressure on his head wound  I may just have saved his life .Never seen so much blood in so short a time .Still works for me ,still drives diggers and good at it .

• Like 1
1 minute ago, foxdropper said:

Lad that worked for me got off a 360 digger ,one foot on the front blade ,slipped and bent his leg over his knee forward .As he stumbled about in pain he clocked his head on the bucket opening it up for 9 stitches .Paramedics took an hour to get there ?

The first aid course I did ,didn’t quite cover any of that but by keeping pressure on his head wound  I may just have saved his life .Never seen so much blood in so short a time .Still works for me ,still drives diggers and good at it .

Was working in a quarry once, boss in the 360, didn't lift the dead man, got out slipped, jacket got caught in the slew leaver, he went round a couple of times, managed to pull himself up, luckily wasn't killed 

Atb j 

• Like 1

I remember as kids we would go on sites driving dumper trucks one night a lad  trying to start one was bent over the side when the handle just suddenly spun out lost a good few teeth and broke his jaw and a  place I have perm his dad lost a arm at the back of a tractor got caught up in it I had just left the farm when it happened .I know of a few farm accidents a lad died in a grain tower trying to unblock something and a motorbike running in to  one near a6 i saw him led on the deck bike still sliding he was toast as well 

28 minutes ago, jetro said:

Was working in a quarry once, boss in the 360, didn't lift the dead man, got out slipped, jacket got caught in the slew leaver, he went round a couple of times, managed to pull himself up, luckily wasn't killed 

Atb j 

Not lifting the leaver climbing in or out has caused me loads of trouble with my right hip , 

I was stood on the rock breaker as pin on dipper arm had dropped out asked a fella to grab me a bolt out the digger and he lent in and knocked the lever and flung me of the machine onto the rock he was breaking FFS It smarted a wee bit ??

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Chid said:

Not lifting the leaver climbing in or out has caused me loads of trouble with my right hip , 

I was stood on the rock breaker as pin on dipper arm had dropped out asked a fella to grab me a bolt out the digger and he lent in and knocked the lever and flung me of the machine onto the rock he was breaking FFS It smarted a wee bit ??

bad habit that mate..

1 hour ago, jetro said:

Your lucky you weren't killed.

Last year my misuse and myself were driving down the road. This you lad waved me down to stop. He said a some fell a was hurt in the field. I checked it out. This man was cutting down a large tree, and it broke at the cut and kicked back. Cleared him off his feet. He was bearly alive. Called the doctor, he wouldn't come, told I had to bring him back, my wife went to look for help, then this man started shouting to get  him out, going frantic, he couldn't walk, so I dragged him out to the road on my jacket, kept him at ease. From his forehead back to the top of his head, he was scalped, to the skull, the young boy went white, green, then sick. 

My wife finely got in contact with a fella with a van, and we got him to the docs. 

He suffered broken collar bone, leg, ribs scalp injuries, and bruises. 

Doc said if we didn't pull him out he wouldn't have made it, shock and exposure would have killed  him 

And to this day, he hasn't even said thanks, or even spoken to me.

I'm not bothered either way,

Atb j 

Also, there must be karma. He was robbing the tree, pay back lol

That’s unreal to be fair

i can’t believe he hasn’t thanked you

i was far from dying, my wound didn’t really bleed out that much nor did I go into shock tbh

44 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

That’s unreal to be fair

i can’t believe he hasn’t thanked you

i was far from dying, my wound didn’t really bleed out that much nor did I go into shock tbh

Not surprised really, hes bit of an odd person.

Atb j