Bringing pup to England

Thanks for the replys.I no from hollyhead to Dublin an dublin to hollyhead on ferry dogs must be passported. Vaccinated.microchipped to travel.dogs travelling from Liverpool to belfast on ferry arnt supposed to need owt but been told today by a dog transporter that now are needed to be passported.vaccinated and microchipped to get thru.dog transporter must no as does weekly runs.if this is the case now then hopefully my mate in Ireland will passport.vaccinate and microchip pup at my cost an hold for me till 10weeks old.any info/advice would still be help full.thanks

I'm not sure if it's the same but when I got my dog from the EU it had to had proof of rabies vaccination, passport, and couldn't enter these shores till he was 16 weeks old. 

Edited by Greb147
9 minutes ago, Bostock said:

Thanks for the replys.I no from hollyhead to Dublin an dublin to hollyhead on ferry dogs must be passported. Vaccinated.microchipped to travel.dogs travelling from Liverpool to belfast on ferry arnt supposed to need owt but been told today by a dog transporter that now are needed to be passported.vaccinated and microchipped to get thru.dog transporter must no as does weekly runs.if this is the case now then hopefully my mate in Ireland will passport.vaccinate and microchip pup at my cost an hold for me till 10weeks old.any info/advice would still be help full.thanks

Friend travelled back with 2 the first week of July and needed no passport they went Belfast to cairnryan .. 

25 minutes ago, Chid said:

Friend travelled back with 2 the first week of July and needed no passport they went Belfast to cairnryan .. 

Cairnryan is Scotland?  if is then Google maps says its  6hr 15 mins by car from were I live(west yorkshire).will b cheeper to get passported etc than fuel will cost.is there any other routes ?

8 minutes ago, Wideboy said:

Belfast to cairnryan I’ve done lots and no problems. What county are you getting the pup? As three are on lockdown and no one is allowed in or out unless special reason. I can’t see police letting you in for a pup. 

Pup is southern ireland but meeting at dublin an aving night on lamp with them an ferry bk home in morning so will be tired driving so quicker route the better.his area is not on lock down

57 minutes ago, Bostock said:

Cairnryan is Scotland?  if is then Google maps says its  6hr 15 mins by car from were I live(west yorkshire).will b cheeper to get passported etc than fuel will cost.is there any other routes ?

My parents just done cairnryan to Oldham .. it might cost a wee bit more in fuel but least your not sat on a ferry for 8hrs going Belfast to Liverpool which you shouldn't need a pet passport for either 

fuel definitely shouldn't cost no where near the £100+ a pet passport cost 

I took two dogs to Ireland and back, Holyhead-Dublin, and was waved through, there and back, didn't show our passports, never mind the dogs, didn't even stop ! This was six years ago , mind, has things changed ? We haven't fully left the EU until the end of the year.

Cheers.

4 hours ago, Chid said:

My parents just done cairnryan to Oldham .. it might cost a wee bit more in fuel but least your not sat on a ferry for 8hrs going Belfast to Liverpool which you shouldn't need a pet passport for either 

fuel definitely shouldn't cost no where near the £100+ a pet passport cost 

Is there not a Holyhead route to Belfast mate? 
That’s a f***ing epic that Stranraer drive, it’s a shite journey until you hit the M6 

31 minutes ago, WILF said:

Is there not a Holyhead route to Belfast mate? 
That’s a f***ing epic that Stranraer drive, it’s a shite journey until you hit the M6 

No holyhead to Dublin only ..

11 hours ago, Chid said:

No holyhead to Dublin only ..

Thought they had one now mate, my mistake.

I know years ago I stopped doing the Stranraer drive and went Holyhead - Dublin/Dun Lougaire then drove upto Belfast from there.

It was much easier and nicer driving.