Question for FX Streamline owners

Hi guys.

I've been Interested In buying an FX Streamline for some time now but I have a question that I'm hoping that somebody can answer for me. Basically, I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Streamlines buddy bottle Is fixed and cannot be removed. Is this true? If It Is true, has the bottle got a recomnended life span? If It has, what happens when the Streamlines buddy bottles reaches It's recommended life span and can't be used any more for safety reasons? You can't simply unscrew It and replace It with a new one. 

I'm quite new to pcp shooting but I know that the recommended usable life span on my HW100 bottle Is 10 years. Hence my query on the FX Streamline  ?

Edited by mjr88

The Streamline I had was an air cylinder not a bottle.  Must confess I didn't check if it comes off but there will be something on youtube somewhere.  Very nice rifle and the only reason I sold it was it's length as I was very used to shorter rifles and bulpups so it seemed too long for me.

Phil

The Streamline has a tube type cylinder as mentioned, this is removable from the block by simply unscrewing, however, the air must all be bled out first. I have just swapped my standard length Streamline tube for a Dreamline tube and a power plenum extension to get more shots and power (its FAC by the way and the standard tube only gave 40 to 50 shots) The cylinder must be removed to allow access to the firing valve and regulator anyway

Earlier FX tubed rifles such as the Typhoon and Cyclone were "Hot Swappable" meaning you can unscrew the cylinder whilst it was still full of air and swap it out for another cylinder.

Regarding the date thing, I think its either an urban myth, complete BS or maybe something meant for other countries?, as far as the UK goes, pressurised cylinders with a capacity of 501cc or above are subject to some regulation which means they require an inspection from time to time, anything up to 501cc is outside the scope of regulation and would only need to be replaced if damaged. I suppose it could be another of those tricks that certain manufacturers use to get you to pay over the odds to have your rifle serviced too. Imagine sending an AirArms S310 into Airarms and getting a bill for a new cylinder?  To be fair, the classic cylinder tube on a S3**, s4** and S5** series rifles is a very reasonable cost compared to what Daystate want for a Huntsman cylinder tube. 

I have seen plenty of older guns from the 80's and 90's with cylinders and buddy bottles in perfect order but knackered seals. after a service, all as good as new.

the worst thing you can do is allow a steel cylinder to get rust pitting on and or in it, this would weaken the metal to the point it is potentially dangerous. An anodised alloy cylinder like the FX ones is very well protected from the elements so should last years without issue.  

• Like 1