double bred

i just heard the jill i was mentioning at the start of the topic ate the kits at 2 days old ,and he has bred her to a hob again,so that will be 3 litters  this summer,f***ing diabolical,i sent him a txt saying if hes that badly stuck for money get a feckin job

• Sad 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 09/08/2020 at 10:57, jigsaw said:

whats your opinion on breeding a jill twice in the one season...two litters ,one after another..i just got a whatsapp msg,from a lad i bought a ferret from,showed me another litter from the same jill my one was from...it doesnt sit too well with me ,but i do know he breeds soley for money,he had when i called at least 40 ferrets in the garden ,lots rearing,a few finished kits ,away from their mother,i regretted dealing with him to an extent as i dont like giving money to greedy lads,he does hunt the jills but cant be doing enough with all of them as he has loads,not really a big deal just wondering what people thought on the matter

Every one to there own but I wouldn't put a jill threw two lots of kits in a year ,same as dogs you wouldn't breed a bitch every time she breakdown ? well some heartless gets do !!  It's wrong ! 

But then again I been seeing pugs going for 40/80 pounds on line so no doubt they folk breeding as many as they can with no thought of the ferrets only ££ s  !!!  

atb 

Edited by Moocher71

I remember talking to an ancient Blacksmith, some 50 years ago..he was over eighty , so he would have been born into an era when Estate workers did not readily admit ,to keeping ferrets.

Poaching illicit game back then could have got you chucked out of your house, so owning pugs and cur dogs was a risky business. 

His were kept in a quiet place behind the stables...I'll never forget the beautiful snow-white coats on his tiny Bitch ferrets..

He called them Does and the large dog ferret, a Buck....never forgot that either...?

12 hours ago, OldPhil said:

I remember talking to an ancient Blacksmith, some 50 years ago..he was over eighty , so he would have been born into an era when Estate workers did not readily admit ,to keeping ferrets.

Poaching illicit game back then could have got you chucked out of your house, so owning pugs and cur dogs was a risky business. 

His were kept in a quiet place behind the stables...I'll never forget the beautiful snow-white coats on his tiny Bitch ferrets..

He called them Does and the large dog ferret, a Buck....never forgot that either...?

Only ever known them as hobs n jills 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Loton Moocher said:

Only ever known them as hobs n jills 

well its time to broaden your mind, lol...buck does,......jills hobs ...dogs bitches,....at the end of the day its localised expressions and phrases,

46 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

well its time to broaden your mind, lol...buck does,......jills hobs ...dogs bitches,....at the end of the day its localised expressions and phrases,

46 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

Exactly