May as well be back on the lamp

The last twice iv been out iv blanked 

now heres the thing

use the pard 019 spotter(mint by the way) spot the rabbits nobother

Then change to the rifle and photon switch the ir on ,,1,,2 or 3 and there off they run as if id put a lamp beem on them

even if i use the external ir

may as well be back on the lamp lol

starting to p*ss me off now

if id had one of my scopes with me and a lamp id of changed them over lol

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Niteshit scares me off big time , hate and I mean hate the bloody things  , big tv screens on top of your gun , you are having a laugh  ?

Whatever floats your budget 

Stuff does get IR shy seen it myself with rats and rabbits .The trick I’ve found is to not switch it on pointing at them but rather bring it round to them from the side .Seems to work at the moment .

5 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

The last twice iv been out iv blanked 

now heres the thing

use the pard 019 spotter(mint by the way) spot the rabbits nobother

Then change to the rifle and photon switch the ir on ,,1,,2 or 3 and there off they run as if id put a lamp beem on them

even if i use the external ir

may as well be back on the lamp lol

starting to p*ss me off now

if id had one of my scopes with me and a lamp id of changed them over lol

It's a bit weird that Jimmy, why should switching on the ir make them bolt.  Hope you didn't sell the Endurance mate, looks like you might need it. ?

If the Pard 019 has no effect, then you need to borrow an 008 or 007 in case the laser in the Pards is not having any effect, I don't have one otherwise you could have borrowed that.

Phil

• Like 1

Stuff does get IR shy seen it myself with rats and rabbits .The trick I’ve found is to not switch it on pointing at them but rather bring it round to them from the side .Seems to work at the moment .

If you’ve ever seen an IR from a distance it’s very clear even for our eyes at night .Black IR is the next step I guess .

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

If you’ve ever seen an IR from a distance it’s very clear even for our eyes at night .Black IR is the next step I guess .

Foxes get IR shy too mate , as said Black IR is the way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, pav said:

That's a strange one because the pard ir is a laser and the photon is a led ir it should be pard spotter spooking rabbits if any of them

Love the scope allan and the spotter is second to none except thermal

ill try black ir next ,

The spotter dose not bother them at all

but the ir on the scope dose and external ir dose lol

and no one but you no,s what im like with a photon scope allan

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Ill try that tonight if i go out

A black ir is simply an ir operating at 850nanometers whereas the normal ir runs at 940 nan.  The 850 is supposed to have no visible trace but having never used one, I cannot comment BUT the 850nan ir doesn't have the range of the standard ir and from what I read, it is quite a bit less range.

I do not know if the camera in the scope / nv is different when using the black pill so it may or may not work for you Jimmy.  I think this advert shows it better,  the bottom left lamp is 850nan and next to it on the right is a standard 940nan lamp.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T20-Osram-Infrared-LED-IR-810nm-850-940nm-Green-Night-Vision-Zoomable-Flashlight/122611364429?hash=item1c8c34f24d:g:I3YAAOS

Hope that all makes sense.

Phil