May as well be back on the lamp

41 minutes ago, philpot said:

A black ir is simply an ir operating at 850nanometers whereas the normal ir runs at 940 nan.  The 850 is supposed to have no visible trace but having never used one, I cannot comment BUT the 850nan ir doesn't have the range of the standard ir and from what I read, it is quite a bit less range.

I do not know if the camera in the scope / nv is different when using the black pill so it may or may not work for you Jimmy.  I think this advert shows it better,  the bottom left lamp is 850nan and next to it on the right is a standard 940nan lamp.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T20-Osram-Infrared-LED-IR-810nm-850-940nm-Green-Night-Vision-Zoomable-Flashlight/122611364429?hash=item1c8c34f24d:g:I3YAAOS

Hope that all makes sense.

Phil

I've not clicked the link but it's normally 850 that scares the vermin most and 940 is more covert? 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Niteshit scares me off big time , hate and I mean hate the bloody things  , big tv screens on top of your gun , you are having a laugh  ?

Whatever floats your budget 

Stuff does get IR shy seen it myself with rats and rabbits .The trick I’ve found is to not switch it on pointing at them but rather bring it round to them from the side .Seems to work at the moment .

A 940 is les visable than a 850 there no such thing as black ir the 940 just less power so less visable to the naked eye than a 850 ir and the pard uses a l3 laser with dome glass as to open beam that's what all the arguing is about weather their legal in UK the photons built in ir is 940nm so both units what Jimmy is using he can't get anymore bunny friendly than he has so be waisting money trying any other ir or so called black ir 

Edited by pav
  • Haha 1
59 minutes ago, liP said:

I've not clicked the link but it's normally 850 that scares the vermin most and 940 is more covert? 

So sorry, I am having one of my senior moments ........................................................ as above 940 nan is the black sun pill.  The link shows all the range available with the two lamps on the bottom row being ir,  left hand light is 940 and I was trying to show the difference.

Old fool am I !!!!

30 minutes ago, philpot said:

So sorry, I am having one of my senior moments ........................................................ as above 940 nan is the black sun pill.  The link shows all the range available with the two lamps on the bottom row being ir,  left hand light is 940 and I was trying to show the difference.

Old fool am I !!!!

The black sun is 850mn laser  2000mw Phil come take your tablets lol

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Bought the photon myself but soon regretted it when the f****r wouldn’t hold zero .Now use the 007 pard and love it .

Yerr, wasted plenty of time and ammo pi55ing about with photon. Trying to re zero all the bloody time. Talk about frustrating ?. Then my pal bought a pard, a lot better imo. 

• Like 2

It might be a simpleton answer but, I'm still using a bog standard NS Viper kit - the rabbits on my permissions do get used to the red light on the kit (especially if I've missed them a few times :duh: ) so, I watch them right on the edge of the screen while I walk into them.

Depending on the distance, I sometimes turn the NV off for a good few steps while I creep in closer.

Hope this helps Jimmy :thumbs:

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

It might be a simpleton answer but, I'm still using a bog standard NS Viper kit - the rabbits on my permissions do get used to the red light on the kit (especially if I've missed them a few times :duh: ) so, I watch them right on the edge of the screen while I walk into them.

Depending on the distance, I sometimes turn the NV off for a good few steps while I creep in closer.

Hope this helps Jimmy :thumbs:

Must admit Jon, it is very rare that my Nitesite units ever scare anything away and with the screen light control I can reduce the ir beam seperately to the screen, despite how they are disliked by a number of lads here, they work for me using standard ..............850nan............ir light.

Pav and everyone else.......................................I am getting confused with my pills, think I must have taken the wife's instead of mine,  I need a paracetamol or three, I will go back into my burrow.   No fool like an ole fool !!! ?

Phil

7 hours ago, philpot said:

Must admit Jon, it is very rare that my Nitesite units ever scare anything away and with the screen light control I can reduce the ir beam seperately to the screen, despite how they are disliked by a number of lads here, they work for me using standard ..............850nan............ir light.

Pav and everyone else.......................................I am getting confused with my pills, think I must have taken the wife's instead of mine,  I need a paracetamol or three, I will go back into my burrow.   No fool like an ole fool !!! ?

Phil

Niteshit scares me off big time , hate and I mean hate the bloody things  , big tv screens on top of your gun , you are having a laugh  ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Still shoot plenty of bunnies though Mitch old boy and what about some of the other systems,  Pulsar, X=sight, erc that weigh a ton, the niteshite (lightweight) is one you hate but it works and thousands of rats and rabbits up and down the country are no longer able to tell you that fact.  ?

• Haha 2