Nothing exciting really but I tried the Photon 6x50 RT tonight on the rimfire. Four shots, four bunnies. Zeroed earlier after a couple of rounds. All singing all dancing, all I wanted though was to be able to shift some bunnies without them knowing what was going on. Didn’t need the NV on as the rabbits were easily spotted. First, very early impression, it’s a decent bit of kit 

689247D7-4BA8-42D6-B4A0-CC65623C6214.jpeg

• Like 3

I have a photon on my wh110 and last night i went out for the first time since the corvid virus arrived and while zeroing the scope it went from the black and white screen to a red screen.

Can this be fixed or is it for the bin? I would rather sell up than buy another scope as I'm now in the poor house lol.

The Photon with a laser IR added gives a very decent image. I use a Solaris SRX on full flood and have shot rabbits out to 200 yards. Also have Pard 007, which is excellent, but relatively ungainly to use. Had the Pard 008, but couldn't get it to hold zero. The RT and my previous XT have proved very reliable. Zeroing the Photons is a well documented issue. I ended up buying adjustable mounts for my RT......Yukon obviously couldn't be bothered sorting this issue. Pity, because it puts a lot of folk off what is a very capable unit.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, smithie said:

I also bought adjustable mounts to sort mine. Shame really as I paid over 100 quid for mounts on a 400 quid scope. 

Have you managed to phone Thomas Jacks Smithie, what did they say about your scope? 

6 hours ago, smithie said:

£120 + vat and tomas jacks have to send it to Lithuania. its a 3 month turnaround.

I would have to get it to Jack's and then that's more post money..

I'll be  back on a lamp first ?

Ffs, happy lamping ??