Collie/Greyhound

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Collie/Greyhound starting to shape up now. Its not easy having juggle around work and this heat, but my hard work stating to pay off. So bring on this season.

Neil ain’t jealous pal he’s a good lad, he’s misprinted it or most likely his phone has lol this is my young dog, Collie Greyhound fantastic feet and plenty of bone my type of Collie Greyhound. Regard

Tomo and Chid.... Couldn't agree more with ya.  Them coursing bred greyhounds are bred for out and out pace in a straight line, one turn and there cooked ( and I've cleaned that up ?)  What

Posted Images

On 09/08/2020 at 11:05, mC HULL said:

You mean a half greyhound collie has taken  to much running dog out Mix lol

so a quarter collie better more running dog 

same as what I said about bull lol

only difference is half collie grey put a lot more food on table then half bull lol

the greyhound is a running dog the collie gives it a better coat feet more durable same as bull but to much no good 

half collie grey kill plenty lamped hare just by clever ness brain same with deer lol

The genuine half cross collie greyhound I had couldn’t catch a hand full of rabbits round by me , it was fit healthy and started at the right age , just didn’t have the gears , neither did couple the other pups of the lads I spoke to , I reared a half cross bull greyhound wich to be honest three very greyhoundy , that caught plenty of rabbits a night but ended up smashing it’s feet up a lot , ive also seen a 28” half cross bull catch 20+ rabbits hare and track deer on the same land I’ve seen collie greys not get close to , but I’ve also seen saluki grey collie grey with a Touch of bull in kill most quarry on diffrent land , , most of the half cross bull greys that are bread ain’t even propper bull greys , anyone who thinks adding propper bull to lurcher s only adds gameness ain’t seen propper bulls , and I’m not saying collie greys wont put food on the table because they do but a genuine half cross collie grey round by me won’t be catching much , a lot of people tend to get the dog that would suit them instead of getting the dog that would suit the terrain/quarry/ hunting style 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

The genuine half cross collie greyhound I had couldn’t catch a hand full of rabbits round by me , it was fit healthy and started at the right age , just didn’t have the gears , neither did couple the other pups of the lads I spoke to , I reared a half cross bull greyhound wich to be honest three very greyhoundy , that caught plenty of rabbits a night but ended up smashing it’s feet up a lot , ive also seen a 28” half cross bull catch 20+ rabbits hare and track deer on the same land I’ve seen collie greys not get close to , but I’ve also seen saluki grey collie grey with a Touch of bull in kill most quarry on diffrent land , , most of the half cross bull greys that are bread ain’t even propper bull greys , anyone who thinks adding propper bull to lurcher s only adds gameness ain’t seen propper bulls , and I’m not saying collie greys wont put food on the table because they do but a genuine half cross collie grey round by me won’t be catching much , a lot of people tend to get the dog that would suit them instead of getting the dog that would suit the terrain/quarry/ hunting style 

Obviously never seen a goodun 

Been a long time from I owned a collie x, had one that was excellent a half cross that could lamp all night and loved running foxes more than rabbits the three that came after him were all decent rabbit dogs but were down right cowards when it came to foxes, I think that the thing about them ye just don't know what your gonna get. 

36 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Obviously never seen a goodun 

If you not going to put the right Greyhound to the right Collie you're not getting anywhere. It's no good using track bred Greyhounds to a foxy type Collie. You need to find a coursing Greyhound  then find a 23 to 24 inch hill Collie that's out of genuine working lines you have more chance of a decent Collie/Greyhound.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Rabbiting man said:

If you not going to put the right Greyhound to the right Collie you're not getting anywhere. It's no good using track bred Greyhounds to a foxy type Collie. You need to find a coursing Greyhound  then find a 23 to 24 inch hill Collie that's out of genuine working lines you have more chance of a decent Collie/Greyhound.

Is there any lines that throw a good percentage of foxing lurchers RM? And I mean collie xs with nothing else in the mix. 

15 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Is there any lines that throw a good percentage of foxing lurchers RM? And I mean collie xs with nothing else in the 

My Collie x is out of a long line of genuine Collie/Greyhounds that take all game. And I know exactly what my dog can do. They do exist but people don't say in this day and age what their dogs can do especially on an open forum. 

• Like 4
9 hours ago, Rabbiting man said:

Why a coursing greyhound? A lot of the ones I've seen are to big and bulky and quite frankly looked useless for anything other than running in a straight line 

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Chid said:

Why a coursing greyhound? A lot of the ones I've seen are to big and bulky and quite frankly looked useless for anything other than running in a straight line 

Agreed the modern day coursing grey is a big beast and long way from what is needed...in today's greyhound market you be better with a smaller framed track dog...

• Like 1

Tomo and Chid.... Couldn't agree more with ya. 

Them coursing bred greyhounds are bred for out and out pace in a straight line, one turn and there cooked ( and I've cleaned that up ?

What would be my ideal would be a nice distance bitch still running in top grade at nearly 5 yrs old. 

Something like this... ?

Edited by breeze
  • Like 10