Collie/Greyhound

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Collie/Greyhound starting to shape up now. Its not easy having juggle around work and this heat, but my hard work stating to pay off. So bring on this season.

Neil ain’t jealous pal he’s a good lad, he’s misprinted it or most likely his phone has lol this is my young dog, Collie Greyhound fantastic feet and plenty of bone my type of Collie Greyhound. Regard

Tomo and Chid.... Couldn't agree more with ya.  Them coursing bred greyhounds are bred for out and out pace in a straight line, one turn and there cooked ( and I've cleaned that up ?)  What

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, colliejohn said:

What do you mean by that pal, a proper Collie Greyhound should have a good broad head, plenty of bone, decent feet, good coat, most you see nowadays are Collie marked Greyhounds that are slightly built, poor feet and coats, and snipey  heads. Regards Collie John.

Old saying beauty is in the eye of the beholder, some people like dogs that look like collie marked greyhounds & to these people they are proper collie greyhounds.

You like dogs that look like pure collies and to you, they are proper collie greyhounds.

Some people might like a mix between the 2, nobodies right or wrong just preference. For me if they’re working dogs, the one that’s better at its job is the proper one.

Edited by Shadow100
  • Like 4
12 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

Old saying beauty is in the eye of the beholder, some people like dogs that look like collie marked greyhounds & to these people they are proper collie greyhounds.

You like dogs that look like pure collies and to you, they are proper collie greyhounds.

Some people might like a mix between the 2, nobodies right or wrong just preference. For me if they’re working dogs, the one that’s better at its job is the proper one.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder pal you’re right, but decent types of Collie Greyhounds are getting harder to find they’re either to Greyhoundy  fied or outcrossed with other breeds so like I say genuine types are getting thin on the ground but that’s just my opinion. Regards Collie John.

Edited by colliejohn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, colliejohn said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder pal you’re right, but decent types of Collie Greyhounds are getting harder to find they’re either to Greyhoundy  fied or outcrossed with other breeds so like I say genuine types are getting thin on the ground but that’s just my opinion. Regards Collie John.

I think the reason you maybe see less of the type in your picture is because they’re not as versatile as some people would like. The racier ones could turn their hand to a few different jobs and that probably suits more people these days. Those types are obviously perfect for you but if a man likes the odd run at a hare or to take home some venison he’ll need more of a runner like the red and white dog.

Edited by Shadow100
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Shadow100 said:

You mean a half greyhound collie has taken  to much running dog out Mix lol

so a quarter collie better more running dog 

same as what I said about bull lol

only difference is half collie grey put a lot more food on table then half bull lol

the greyhound is a running dog the collie gives it a better coat feet more durable same as bull but to much no good 

half collie grey kill plenty lamped hare just by clever ness brain same with deer lol

Edited by mC HULL
  • Like 1
25 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

only difference is half collie grey put a lot more food on table then half bull lol

the greyhound is a running dog the collie gives it a better coat feet more durable same as bull but to much no good 

half collie grey kill plenty lamped hare just by clever ness brain same with deer lol

Ffs not you again ?

• Haha 3
33 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Your the most knowledgeable man on this forum I am in awe of your knowledge about running dogs.

• Haha 2
14 minutes ago, joe ox said:

Your the most knowledgeable man on this forum I am in awe of your knowledge about running dogs.

lol I just say what my eyes have seen mate not what my ears have heard ? 

common sense says if you put something to a running dog that isn’t a running dog then your diluting the running dog lol

im just havin crack with shadow lol 

6 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

lol I just say what my eyes have seen mate not what my ears have heard ? 

common sense says if you put something to a running dog that isn’t a running dog then your diluting the running dog lol

im just havin crack with shadow lol 

Only having a laugh there was no offence intended ?

3 minutes ago, joe ox said:

Only having a laugh there was no offence intended ?

I don’t take me self to serious mate lol I have these little Debates with me mates they run everything from bullx to whippet I haven’t been able to convert them all lol still trying though