Toads on the beach

Had a few hours Bass fishing last night, before you ask only small ones about 2lb. To the point about midnight seen something under my rod rest thought first it was a mouse but it was a small Toad about 2 inches long. Five minutes later few feet away another, went to bait up and two more almost in my bag. In all we must have seen about a dozen wondering around the beach. I have never seen this before, how about you guys?

Skein of Canadian Geese at dusk.

IMG_2218.jpeg.ae716324f7299af77bb96ba3e6668c7c.jpeg

IMG_2222.jpeg.ea7ac0e0cc302be982432ae5d3d21151.jpeg

IMG_2225.jpeg.7649f30394250755a58d6fecadd0d5ff.jpeg

Cheers Arry

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Daniel cain said:

Think they are on the move, noticed quite a few last weekend fishing myself ? 

Never seen them on a Beach before like that. Mind there were a lot of sand flies about but didn't think they liked salt water.

Cheers Arry

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Could of been there for the flies maybe ?

Thats what I meant mate. Strange though as its a 100 foot cliff behind no ponds or any thing like that.

Cheers Arry.

42 minutes ago, Greyman said:

No toad expert but have just had a pretty big full moon, don’t no if that has any bearing on there movements I no it does on some critters ??

Moon rose at about midnight and that was spectacular it was bright red, tried to take a photo with iPhone but no-good. I seen the odd toad or frog when you have a stream running out on a beach, but this is gravel and they were right down the beach near the tide line as well as climbing the rocks near our gear. Like I said I seen about a dozen and that was 25 meter diameter around where we were fishing Mate.

Cheers Arry

Dytkos Dave you might have something was a near full moon a weird full red moon. but right down on the high water mark I've never seen before. The most amazing red nearly full moon. 

Cheers Arry

• Like 1