On 07/08/2020 at 15:56, WILF said:

Some lads are just happy with their football mate, they find a team and a group of lads they like and get on with and that’s all they need......happy as Larry.

It isn’t until maybe after they go “What if.....?” 

Some are destined for that and some are destined to take it all the way 

A lad got let go.by Exeter, won young player of the year the previous season...came to.our team...best player I've played with by far...I took him on as an apprentice...he needed work and I liked him, he has his own firm now, one of my close friends....he was offered good money at Yeovil and never left the little club I ended up finishing up with...him and his brother are the club now...happy and as content.as can be....they are younger lads who remember and keep.old fashioned morals in local football..

He worked for me and subbed for me now for over 15 years.... proper football man and top lad....f**k could he play... 

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In a topic that involves ,football ,and NUFC  , Max could make Greb seem like a reasonable chap who doesn't like a never ending argument .

He'd have a saluki and a white bed sheet bought the day they took over. 

Given that no one agrees with you I’d suggest it ain’t. Its Max-sense and Max-morals.... Part of the greater world view that is Maxology

Posted Images

On 07/08/2020 at 21:19, WILF said:

Now all jibes aside, that is spot on Balckmag.

Its just a simple fact that Sunderland have never mattered to the wider football world as much as Newcastle United, everyone knows that.

And given that they are a former top flight club in free fall they matter even less.

It’s an absolute no brainer that an investor looking to buy a big football club in the north east has only one club to look at and in fairness it’s always been that way.

Newcastle matter......Sunderland don’t, it’s just a reality of football I’m afraid.

Until my dipping into.THL, I never gave Sunderland a 2nd thought...Newcastle were the only NE team.of relevance to a yokel in Devon lol..

Outside of Niall Quinn and Kevin Phillip's... I never gave them a 2nd thought.. 

Mind you that brilliant Middlesbrough team.that got relegated were a good memory...

Since THL, I've watched Sundeland till I Die, look out for their results, I've even considered offering 50 quid for the club just to.see if I can.do.a better job.than.all the monkeys who've had a go to.date...lol

2 hours ago, chartpolski said:

A bit of information on the Saudi Public Investment Fund, that were going to put up 80% of the money to buy Newcastle United.

The Saudis were awash with oil money, and were looking to the future when oil ran out or became irrelevant due to new technology. 

They looked to Norway, who had ploughed years of oil revenue into their own PI F, for when their oil ran out.so hired some of the worlds best investment bankers to set up an Investment fund .

The bought up billions of dollars of shares in companies we have all heard of, but probably won't know that the Saudis have huge shares in them. These include ;

Disney/Pixar.

Uber.

Facebook.

B.P.

Royal Dutch Shell,.

Citicorp Banking.

Bank of America.

Boeing

Tesla.

And a host of high tech Silicon Valley companies.

They invested billions of dollars into these companies, but still have almost $400 BILLION still to invest, the biggest, by far P.I.F. in the world.

They were probably told that the English Premier League is the richest and best football league in the world and advised to invest in it.

They would have looked at the big clubs, like Man U, City, Chelsea, Liverpool, but they weren't available , so decided on buying a club that had history, infrastructure, big stadium and fan base. They probably looked at the likes of Villa, Everton Sheffield U, etc, but decided Newcastle had the most potential for a relatively very modest outlay of £260 million.

The Saudis would have been "silent partners ", just like they are in all the other businesses they've invested in, hence Staveley and the Rueben brothers.

They wouldn't have built Mosques all over the North East, just as they haven't built them in Disney World or Silicon Valley.

Buying Newcastle United was to be an investment in the future, not a Muslim takeover of the Toon ! LOL !

So, anyone who objects to the takeover; just think about it when you jump in an Uber, or go on Facebook, or watch a Disney movie, or fill up your car, or turn your gas central heating on.

Suddenly, buying Newcastle United looks very small fry !

Cheers.

Good post mate....

8 hours ago, NEWKID said:

I played at a local club around 19, I was playing as a centre forward  at the time.. this lad turned up, Adam Stansfield, he was 15...f**k me he was different class, I knew my days were numbered ( 1. I wasnt a good centre forward, 2. He was f***ing brilliant..lol)... he ended up as a pro, played a lot of games for Exeter... lovely lad.... he died of cancer at 30 odd.... he was born to be a pro footballer.... 

It is what it is fella, got offered trials at Leeds and Sheff Weds whilst playing for Barnsley but it didn't work out at the end of the day. 

I only have myself to blame pal, being a grumpy rebellious c**t was me and didn't listen to nobody's advice whatsoever. 

I'm going to be honest now here, seeing my old school pal do so well may have  caused a little bitterness in my head. I have never told anyone this as it didn't really affect me that much but I'm not gonna lie there may I've been a touch of  jealousy there. ?

I've been out drinking with him the odd occasion over the last 20 years or so and seeing all the other lads lick his arse did make me gag a bit. ?

Edited by Greb147
5 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

If Newcastle as a City and People cannot fund Wallsend Boys Club themselves without Saudi money as a country if similar is the case region by region we may as well hold our hands up wave the white flag and stick our arses in the air .

Now that I agree with and unfortunately it’s the same story all over the country, but again there’s too many think it don’t matter  and it does matter......everything matters.

And to be fair, as I have said, I don’t particularly want Arabs owning big old historic English clubs but (again) that ship has rather sailed helped in no small measure by blokes like yourself who think you can pick and choose, want to tell us how much we owe these people all the time, want to tel us that our blood don’t matter, and in so doing,  that any culture that we may have once had dont matter either.

Im saying, they are here, I didn’t want them and you did so seeing as they are here they may as well invest in a football club......f**k it, nobody cares about anything else so why should that matter !

Just now, maxhardcore said:

Hypocrisy at its best ' you say fight the invasion on every level then think it's ok for a bunch of foreigners to buy into a region and change it forever ???

Hold on, in every single conversation we have ever had I have always said I don’t want none of them and you have always advocated that they are OK and should be allowed in.......reap what you sow, you wanted all these people who have no business being in Europe and you got them.

Now some very rich ones are going to invest billions into your fiercest rivals and you don’t like it, not one little bit......that is about the strength of it.

You wanted it, you have helped devalue the gaff to the point it don’t matter any more and now you will have to watch NUFC prosper while your team withers......spilt f***ing milk and all that old chap ?

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, WILF said:

Hold on, in every single conversation we have ever had I have always said I don’t want none of them and you have always advocated that they are OK and should be allowed in.......reap what you sow, you wanted all these people who have no business being in Europe and you got them.

Now some very rich ones are going to invest billions into your fiercest rivals and you don’t like it, not one little bit......that is about the strength of it.

You wanted it, you have helped devalue the gaff to the point it don’t matter any more and now you will have to watch NUFC prosper while your team withers......spilt f***ing milk and all that old chap ?

You hit the nail on the head about watching the toon prosper it must be breaking max when you see how his lot are being run from top to bottom they don't even have a chairman ?that why max has been very quiet on that front there going to be even more in the shite now with the wage cap you lot forced Ellis out and now look what's happening ?

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

I'm being quiet because fannys like you end up like a woman on rag week ?

As has been proven time and time again.?

So max how's your take over going ? it does look like your going from bad to worst max your fecked from top to bottom but you can't blame Donald he's gone with what the fans wanted and now your in shit st because of it and  for a long time by the looks of things it's time for the fans to realise and accept your a mid table third division team ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

No Wrong again Wilfy Boy.

Iv said there should be a Strict Vetting and Checking programme and then whoever is Luck enough to pass the checks should integrate and cause no problems ect so let's not be stopping to blatant lies ey Wilfy ?

Whatever ! Lol ? 

Anyway, back to the football and I hope it go’s ahead for NUFC, I loved watching them in the Les Ferdinand, David Ginola, Asprilla, Given era......proper entertaining football.

Be nice to see a grand old club like that prominent again, good fans, good atmosphere.....what’s not to like.

Give you something to talk about anyway.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

So max how's your take over going ? it does look like your going from bad to worst max your fecked from top to bottom but you can't blame Donald he's gone with what the fans wanted and now your in shit st because of it and  for a long time by the looks of things it's time for the fans to realise and accept your a mid table third division team ? 

I’m just waiting for all the “back in 1858 when we won the FA cup against Accrington Stanley ........” & “We gave the world Jordan Henderson......” shite to start......I can feel it coming ! Lol

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, WILF said:

Whatever ! Lol ? 

Anyway, back to the football and I hope it go’s ahead for NUFC, I loved watching them in the Les Ferdinand, David Ginola, Asprilla, Given era......proper entertaining football.

Be nice to see a grand old club like that prominent again, good fans, good atmosphere.....what’s not to like.

Give you something to talk about anyway.

the entertainers as they were known I think most football fans enjoyed the Keegan era it will be good for the area if the take over does happen and as charts said grass roots and the toon academy are going to get a lot of investment 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, WILF said:

I’m just waiting for all the “back in 1858 when we won the FA cup against Accrington Stanley ........” & “We gave the world Jordan Henderson......” shite to start......I can feel it coming ! Lol

You missed the best left back in world football big Joe Bolton I dont think they will be giving anyone any body soon there kids would rather sign for South shields than sign again with them ? fact plus.with no academy manager or even chief scout there fecked??

Edited by Blackmag
5 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

You missed the best left back in world football big Joe Bolton I dont think they will be giving anyone any body soon there kids would rather sign for South shields than sign again with them ? fact plus.with no academy manager or even chief scout there fecked??

Yeah, forget Paulo Maldini, Joe Bolton is where it’s at ! Lol