• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In a topic that involves ,football ,and NUFC  , Max could make Greb seem like a reasonable chap who doesn't like a never ending argument .

He'd have a saluki and a white bed sheet bought the day they took over. 

Given that no one agrees with you I’d suggest it ain’t. Its Max-sense and Max-morals.... Part of the greater world view that is Maxology

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

I wont pretend to be an expert on world politics and would soon get found out if tried but obviously the Saudis have "room for improvement". But will excluding them from the party help to bring them into the 21st century? It certainly wont make them any worse and they are allegedly trying to develop. From a selfish point of view what good could the takeover do for the north east of England? It may be PR bullshit but apparently Amanda Staveley is looking at the deal from a philanthropist as well as purely business perspective. She not only wants to develop Newcastle United the football club but is aware of the good that investment can do for the area. 

Personally I would like to see NUFC, SAFC and MFC all competing in the Premier League, as long as Newcastle are the best, as God knows many of the people up here could do with something to cheer about and that wont come from Westminster.

Known in politics as ‘soft power’.

Carrot rather than stick.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, baker boy said:

max doesnt give a fck about saudi HR issues or some reporter getting whacked he just wants to take cheap shots at other clubs and fans

a reporter allegedly killed in a embassy in Turkey is a reason for max to not want it  the Saudis have been addressing there hr issues for a few years now as charts pointed out what about all the trade deals between Britain and them that runs in to billions do we stop that as well 

Edited by Blackmag

So what about Russian and Chinese owners? What about Kuwait and The Emirates? None of them can hold their heads up high. The Italian guys where were involved with Leeds were linked to the Mafia. If you excluded all the nationalities who the UN have reservations over half the top flight teams wouldn't have their current owners.

2 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

If they are fit and proper yes .

Get the wrong types in and before long brown Envelopes buy them favours and before you know it you have a load of Sadiqs making the decisions and pulling the strings furthering their own ends on local councils ect ect ect .

Rules are there for a purpose

Would you think they were fit and proper if it was your father butchered in a Embassy ??????

Max football all over the world and  even other sports as been full of brown envelopes for years I think your grasping at straws there  of that your going of one murder in a another country that has nothing to do with us as a reason but  when you have over  eighty  thousand  signatures / ex players from the entertainers era backing the sale/ mps writing to the fa/ council leaders also you do have to question your motives max is it jealousy or just bitterness 

Edited by Blackmag

The yanks and Abu Gharaib prison ?

Start linking human rights with football club ownership and we're going down the rabbit hole ! 

Russian Oligarchs who raped their countries resources at the fall of the USSR ?

I'd love for a local lad done well, to own his local club, but we have to be realistic, those days are long gone !

I think that lad at the 'Boro was the last of those.

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 2

West Ham are so shit that I want to talk about Millwall all the time ;) 

As I have said many, many, many times just go your football and enjoy it, forget about the people up the road or wether anyone in the world thinks you matter.....

What happens at Newcastle won’t effect the enjoyment of a bloke who has a season ticket for Sunderland, or a least it shouldn’t ?

• Like 1

My nephews father in law is chairman of Newcastle Gosforth Rugby Club, ( basically the amateur, feeder club for Newcastle Falcons), he cuts the grass, paints the lines, serves behind the bar, etc.

When I go there, I know I've had a great day out ! Watched a game played by dedicated amateurs, watched by knowledgeable supporters, had a pint or two with the staff, players and supporters.

Football, especially Premier League, is now to expensive and remote from normal supporters, sadly.

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

My nephews father in law is chairman of Newcastle Gosforth Rugby Club, ( basically the amateur, feeder club for Newcastle Falcons), he cuts the grass, paints the lines, serves behind the bar, etc.

When I go there, I know I've had a great day out ! Watched a game played by dedicated amateurs, watched by knowledgeable supporters, had a pint or two with the staff, players and supporters.

Football, especially Premier League, is now to expensive and remote from normal supporters, sadly.

Cheers.

I think a lot of the older lads for one reason or another  are going more to grass roots charts especially football I know I enjoy a day out watching flyde afc 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Blackmag said:

I think a lot of the older lads for one reason or another  are going more to grass roots charts especially football I know I enjoy a day out watching flyde afc 

I've never really been into football, I prefer snooker and darts, I'm watching the snooker right now !

Because of the lockdown, the football has been on free channels like Pick, Amazon, BBC, and to be honest, I've started watching a few of Newcastles games, but got bored and changed the channel after 10-15 minutes ! 

Its no secret I have big links to Saudi; I lived there many years, my daughter in law is Saudi, and my grandson is half English, half Saudi. When it looked like Saudi was buying my home town team, of course I was interested, but if it has fallen through, it won't affect my life one iota .

Cheers.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

It's not all sweet out of pro football though is it chartpolski? I know nothing of the club you mention but a family member of mine has been involved with a boys club for quite some time. Initially because the coach of his lads under 8 team quit and he stepped in to keep the season going. He ended up getting his badges and carried on next season. Long story short he more or less took control and dragged the club up by its ears to where they needed to be in order to survive. He is successful in business and got the necessary sponsorship to improve the basics but also used his gift of patter/bullshit to get better coaches.

The thing is though, the crap he still has to deal with is unbelievable. The in fighting and back stabbing. The worst? That would be the parents. The shit he puts up with. I would not last a week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I've never really been into football, I prefer snooker and darts, I'm watching the snooker right now !

Because of the lockdown, the football has been on free channels like Pick, Amazon, BBC, and to be honest, I've started watching a few of Newcastles games, but got bored and changed the channel after 10-15 minutes ! 

Its no secret I have big links to Saudi; I lived there many years, my daughter in law is Saudi, and my grandson is half English, half Saudi. When it looked like Saudi was buying my home town team, of course I was interested, but if it has fallen through, it won't affect my life one iota .

Cheers.

I must admit the atmosphere I have seen on tv of darts games looks like it could be a good night out and crack use to have a dabble nothing serious just local pub stuff I must admit charts footy in the non league is of a very good standard and I think more and more are turning to it that includes some big investment with some teams like Salford flyde ect