3/4 grey 1/4 collie lacks wind

As above I can't help but notice he seems to take his time to recover from a run when on a walk, I've not worked him yet to see what he's like after a Propper run but is just slightly worrying, all the dogs get home and stop panting where as his tongue is still out, has anyone else experienced this before? 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heat is the biggest problem, for well muscled dogs especially so, muscles create a lot of heat and it takes time to dissipate and heavily greyhound blooded dogs tend to have a high percentage of muscl

Don't think iv ever seen a greyhound saturated dog that didn't lack wind?

I have 1 exactly the same blowing out the arse after doing not a lot but as the dogs matured abit seems 2 get a second wind personally I roll a fag between runs or fall over whichever comes first your

9 minutes ago, whitefeet4190 said:

As above I can't help but notice he seems to take his time to recover from a run when on a walk, I've not worked him yet to see what he's like after a Propper run but is just slightly worrying, all the dogs get home and stop panting where as his tongue is still out, has anyone else experienced this before? 

It is warm lol

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, whitefeet4190 said:

Yer maybe, he's not fit but he's not un fit, he goes out for 30 mins in morning free running and then atleast and hour in eve sometimes more, we will see hopefully it's just his fitness and warm weather ?

I have 1 exactly the same blowing out the arse after doing not a lot but as the dogs matured abit seems 2 get a second wind personally I roll a fag between runs or fall over whichever comes first your work round it im sure ? 

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, whitefeet4190 said:

The last one I owned was a Hancock bitch the black and white rough Bitch on some of my vids , she was a nice bitch to own and was fast but only had half a days  work in her , she had no wind at all she had about ten rabbits in her on the lamp then she was done. She went for free to a lad that works her with nets and he says she’s the best ferreting dog he’s owned but not my kind of ferreting dog ?

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Trev70 said:

The last one I owned was a Hancock bitch the black and white rough Bitch on some of my vids , she was a nice bitch to own and was fast but only had half a days  work in her , she had no wind at all she had about ten rabbits in her on the lamp then she was done. She went for free to a lad that works her with nets and he says she’s the best ferreting dog he’s owned but not my kind of ferreting dog ?

Fair play trev nice that is

I remember a dog of this breeding that had a condition with vitamin b absorption, don't know how common it is, but it had a drastic effect on performance, not related but I remember a natural athlete type lad who after leaving school adopted the habit of consuming three litres of coke, and a packet of Rennie's per day, had he supped water instead he'd have saved coin, and been spared the discomfort of a distended paunch, and loud eruptions of gas from both ends

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

I remember a dog of this breeding that had a condition with vitamin b absorption, don't know how common it is, but it had a drastic effect on performance, not related but I remember a natural athlete type lad who after leaving school adopted the habit of consuming three litres of coke, and a packet of Rennie's per day, had he supped water instead he'd have saved coin, and been spared the discomfort of a distended paunch, and loud eruptions of gas from both ends

Use med that up drifter