It's a big blast but nothing to a decent nuke, don't live near a firework factory eh

Also just seen on Google that the guardian news quality is as good as usual there headline is "dead and wounded among the casualties" well no shit guardian 

Edited by JDHUNTING
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have to say, was just watching it on the news and it has made me quiet emotional......I’m sat here with tears in my eyes thinking “Why......why.........why couldn’t it have been Bradford !” 

Watching it again, there's clearly a sustained fire when the explosion happens. Very unlikely nuclear. They're precision engineered bits of kit, ya can't just lob a load of glowy shit together and mak

I remember my mate coughing mid bong just before he released the blast hole.  The red cherry shot out of the 2 hit cone and hit the ceiling. Now to a few chonged up bong heads that looked li

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Yeah you can see loads of small explosions before the big blast. 

As I understand, a nuclear bomb works by lots of small explosions in unison that create a pressured compression inside the initial blast, this then forces the plutonium or other very heavy element to fission and the rest is boom..

Maybe they got their hands on a small amount of something and were having a go. I don't know enough about regular, large explosions to say. Maybe some of the military lads on here can say if it's normal to have a mushroom cloud from normal ordinance.

5 minutes ago, mushroom said:

As I understand, a nuclear bomb works by lots of small explosions in unison that create a pressured compression inside the initial blast, this then forces the plutonium or other very heavy element to fission and the rest is boom..

Maybe they got their hands on a small amount of something and were having a go. I don't know enough about regular, large explosions to say. Maybe some of the military lads on here can say if it's normal to have a mushroom cloud from normal ordinance.

This is the smallest nuke tested, looks very similar to what's gone off here. 

In fact I'd say this blast in Beirut had a bigger yield. ?

Edited by Greb147
3 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

That didn't look nuclear to me. I mean it's probably on par with a small tactical nuke in terms of yield but it didn't look to have the characteristics of one to me.

With all respect that's not a good comparison (scientifically). Beirut is a city, with buildings, obstacles to the blast etc and the yield is open to speculation. 

That's open desert and we have no idea of yield.

5 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Watching it again, there's clearly a sustained fire when the explosion happens. Very unlikely nuclear. They're precision engineered bits of kit, ya can't just lob a load of glowy shit together and make it bang.

"lob a load of glowy shit together" ?

• Haha 4
1 minute ago, mushroom said:

With all respect that's not a good comparison (scientifically). Beirut is a city, with buildings, obstacles to the blast etc and the yield is open to speculation. 

That's open desert and we have no idea of yield.

LOL, of course we're f***ing speculating! I've left the owd geiger counter at work ffs! LOL

Yield isn't really the defining factor though. It just 'looks' in the ball park so isn't a hard no on yield. You can wind conventional and nuclear warheads up or down as ya please within reason. The characteristics of the explosion didn't look nuclear to me, there was basically no flash. It looked conventional to me.

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

LOL, of course we're f***ing speculating! I've left the owd geiger counter at work ffs! LOL

Yield isn't really the defining factor though. It just 'looks' in the ball park so isn't a hard no on yield. You can wind conventional and nuclear warheads up or down as ya please within reason. The characteristics of the explosion didn't look nuclear to me, there was basically no flash. It looked conventional to me.

True, missing the flash. My thought was all underground tests never had a flash, as it is contained.