FX Impact copied again

On 06/08/2020 at 10:14, philpot said:

My god Alsone you do take things too literally and to a greater extent miss the point of the comments. 

FX Impact has taken the hunting market by storm all over the world and become THE long range hunter in fac format,  companies such as Gaystate cannot compete and so make a gun which is very much like the impact in order to try and take FX buyers and in the process copied points that make the Impact so bloody good.

Gaystate in it's own usual manner have put rubbish electronics into a gun which is not needed, for example the silly chrono built into the mod  FFS.  If they simply manufactured a rifle that was built to perform and did so over a long period, I would say well done but they are nothing more than a joke in the air gun industry, ask the owners and see what they say.

Phil

I don't doubt that for a minute Phil. I'm just saying it probably isn't legally a copy although it is similar. There's copy and "copy".

AirArmsSA is an excellent channel on Youtube btw where the shooter often uses his 75ft lbs FX Impact along side a .22-250 and another large rifle .260 I think. Well worth a look if you're into FX shooting. The impact gets some superb kills with both pellets and slugs. I'm not aprticularly into air guns although FAC air such as that could interest me, hence why I watch some of his hunts.

Edited by Alsone

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Phill, I'm guessing your not a keen daystate fan! ???

Over rated , over priced  crap and that’s just there guns , as for daystate as a company , they are a  big embarrassment to the British manufacturing sector , never come across a company like it and s

Damn it !   and I’ve just bought one of those old fashioned impacts?   oh well ?

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Alsone said:

I don't doubt that for a minute Phil. I'm just saying it probably isn't legally a copy although it is similar. There's copy and "copy".

AirArmsSA is an excellent channel on Youtube btw where the shooter often uses his 75ft lbs FX Impact along side a .22-250 and another large rifle .260 I think. Well worth a look if you're into FX shooting. The impact gets some superb kills with both pellets and slugs. I'm not aprticularly into air guns although FAC air such as that could interest me, hence why I watch some of his hunts.

Yes you are right Matt Dubber does some great hunting in SA, I have watched his channel for a few years, 'Airgun 101'  is where you will find lots of fac airgun action.

Phil

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 03/08/2020 at 20:10, philpot said:

After loads of critics saying how awful they are, a number of companies have done there best to copy them and now Gaystate have jumped on the bandwagen with the all new 'Delta Wolf' which will most likely be a load of crap but until everyone has sung it's praises (those who get one for free of course) until of course the market as a whole finds out that like most Gaystates it is not so good but we will see.

Well it's in this months Airgun Shooter magazine

https://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/field-sports/airgun-shooter-magazine-subscription/

I wait with baited breath................................not

Phil

Look up the colchester gamekeeper,  an early impact imo

Atb

Mart

14 hours ago, Mmamonster said:

I have all 3 barrels with my gamekeeper , will try upload a picture of it next to my impact .

That magazine would be pretty rare now with the right up about the gun.

Atb

Mart

It would be good to see them side by side for comparison ?

Well, there’s certainly a similarity there, I remember the Colchester being a radical design at the time it was launched. Obviously the impact is more refined, I have an impact myself. Also a mk1 rapid and a brocock contour, both of which feel somewhat agricultural by comparison. My hw100, as good as it is, feels dead compared to the other pcp’s I have. The Colchester gamekeeper was probably ahead of its time though?

• Like 1