FX Impact copied again

3 hours ago, Alsone said:

There are visual differences and no doubt engineering as well eg. I haven't noticed mention of a plenum chamber on the Daystate. As for the similarities, there are somethings you can't restrict. eg. Bullpup rifles have been a round for a long time. The wiki suggests it was patented in 1866 in which case the patent expired after 17 yrs, making the bullpup design free to use. Whether the modern bullpup has anything patented after I'm unsure, but current US patents run for 15-20 yrs depending on the type, making it highly unlikely the bullpup as a prinicple is under patent. You'd have to check but I'm sure the rifle designers have done that.

I am not saying Gaystate should not make a bulpup, I said they have copied the Impact and patents are nowhere near ending.  

Phil

• Like 2

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Phill, I'm guessing your not a keen daystate fan! ???

Over rated , over priced  crap and that’s just there guns , as for daystate as a company , they are a  big embarrassment to the British manufacturing sector , never come across a company like it and s

Damn it !   and I’ve just bought one of those old fashioned impacts?   oh well ?

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

I wonder if he’s got one yet (at a special price maybe) to use in his hunting vids??

Probably been given one , he pushing the gaystate brand big time not just the guns , but MTC scopes which are part of gaystate 

• Like 2
16 hours ago, villaman said:

FX do the crown and wildcat in wood and laminate 

Really... I didn’t know that v’man... ? I kinda meant the tac AR style and what’s happened to the old wood and metal sporter.

16 hours ago, philpot said:

I am not saying Gaystate should not make a bulpup, I said they have copied the Impact and patents are nowhere near ending.  

Phil

We don't know what's patented here. A bullpup probably can't be. Plenum chamber, I wouldn't know. The design looks similar but it's different, compare them side by side, the parts are not the same. They're very similar in style but not exactly the same.  One may or may not have inspired the look of the other. Many cars look similar. You can't patent a car, as an item, only unqiue features to it if they haven't been done before. 

5 hours ago, Alsone said:

We don't know what's patented here. A bullpup probably can't be. Plenum chamber, I wouldn't know. The design looks similar but it's different, compare them side by side, the parts are not the same. They're very similar in style but not exactly the same.  One may or may not have inspired the look of the other. Many cars look similar. You can't patent a car, as an item, only unqiue features to it if they haven't been done before. 

My god Alsone you do take things too literally and to a greater extent miss the point of the comments. 

FX Impact has taken the hunting market by storm all over the world and become THE long range hunter in fac format,  companies such as Gaystate cannot compete and so make a gun which is very much like the impact in order to try and take FX buyers and in the process copied points that make the Impact so bloody good.

Gaystate in it's own usual manner have put rubbish electronics into a gun which is not needed, for example the silly chrono built into the mod  FFS.  If they simply manufactured a rifle that was built to perform and did so over a long period, I would say well done but they are nothing more than a joke in the air gun industry, ask the owners and see what they say.

Phil

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, philpot said:

My god Alsone you do take things too literally and to a greater extent miss the point of the comments. 

FX Impact has taken the hunting market by storm all over the world and become THE long range hunter in fac format,  companies such as Gaystate cannot compete and so make a gun which is very much like the impact in order to try and take FX buyers and in the process copied points that make the Impact so bloody good.

Gaystate in it's own usual manner have put rubbish electronics into a gun which is not needed, for example the silly chrono built into the mod  FFS.  If they simply manufactured a rifle that was built to perform and did so over a long period, I would say well done but they are nothing more than a joke in the air gun industry, ask the owners and see what they say.

Phil

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
8 hours ago, Phill-W68 said:

Over rated , over priced  crap and that’s just there guns , as for daystate as a company , they are a  big embarrassment to the British manufacturing sector , never come across a company like it and sportsman gun centre are not far behind them with there bullshit . Yes Phil you read this right ??

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
13 minutes ago, villaman said:

Over rated , over priced  crap and that’s just there guns , as for daystate as a company , they are a  big embarrassment to the British manufacturing sector , never come across a company like it and sportsman gun centre are not far behind them with there bullshit . Yes Phil you read this right ??

I knew you didn’t like daystate, but I thought you liked sportsman vm??

7 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

I knew you didn’t like daystate, but I thought you liked sportsman vm??

Had enough of the bullshit , tried to order a stock for my CZ 457 .22lr , took my 5 week to try and get a response and when I did they gave me a price for one , come to order one A few weeks later and get told They don’t do them yet and don’t know the price , they are denying they gave me a price . 
someone I know went to collect his brand new fx impact FAC and when he turned Up they turned round and said they lost his gun ? I wonder if the contacted The police and said they lost a FAC gun ?

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, villaman said:

Had enough of the bullshit , tried to order a stock for my CZ 457 .22lr , took my 5 week to try and get a response and when I did they gave me a price for one , come to order one A few weeks later and get told They don’t do them yet and don’t know the price , they are denying they gave me a price . 
someone I know went to collect his brand new fx impact FAC and when he turned Up they turned round and said they lost his gun ? I wonder if the contacted The police and said they lost a FAC gun ?

I knew you were talking about SGC before I even read the full post. They're useless.

22 minutes ago, villaman said:

Something fishy ? going on there I reckon ?. If they don’t have something,or can’t get it, they should come clean instead of wasting peoples time. That’s not good service at all, disappointing to say the least.?

• Like 2

Well I don't need to comment Mitch regarding Sportsman other than to say they are always posting guns for sale on Gun Trader which are not available and have no delivery dates.  I challenged them and was told they don't put the adverts on, Gun Trader pop them on without asking .................................... utter boll0cks they should stick with Gaystate as they are both well matched.......................sh1t companies to deal with with no integrity.

Phil

• Like 1