Anyone know of an effective way to get rid of ant infestations ???

Asking for someone else as they have a problem and have tried most of the on the market treatments including Nippon powder and the boiling water  treatment, but nothing seems to be eradicating them.......

Any info very much appreciated......

Cheers

Jay ?

I was asked while at work today by a lady who is a tennant on one of the sites i visit.......I do believe they are in and around the garden under the concrete or slabs and apparently ruining this ladies ornamental plants among other things which she has around the garden......they are not flying ants.......when she asked me previously I told her to try Nippon, I'm no ant expert but she said she'd bought a few off the shelf treatments but had very little or no success......

I said I'll try and gain some info of someone with better success at dealing with them........never realised ants could be such a problem....lol...... but Ive been approached quite a few times recently asking about any tips on dealing with them......

Cheers

Jay  ?

We had ants in the control room at work they where in the cupboard where all the computer gubons where they called in the council pest control guy he put some jelly down in wee tubs i opened the door on the last nightshift the wee ants are still there LOL 

Get some 'Diatomaceous earth' aka 'DE'. Get it from Mole Valley Farmers or Ebay  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Poultry-World-Red-Mite-Powder-Diatomaceous-Earth-Chicken-Mites-Food-Grade/324024794507?hash=item4b7161fd8b:g:3YoAAOSwce1d27ew

It's a Silica dust that is harmless to mammals and birds but kills insects. The microscopic silica particles are extremely sharp and tear through the insects exoskeleton, this then causes the insect to dehydrate and die.. You sprinkle it around problem areas. If it's used outside place it under some thing so it doesn't get wet.

I used Formidor in the past, but at that time it wasn't available in a gun-dispensable packaging format.

I thought the Maxforce was a more professional looking product - especially in the eyes of the customer; ie you could justify charging more for pulling a trigger than merely squeezing something out of a little bottle.

That said, Formidor is definitely as good as Maxforce.

18 hours ago, LuckOrJudgement said:

I thought the Maxforce was a more professional looking product - especially in the eyes of the customer; ie you could justify charging more for pulling a trigger than merely squeezing something out of a little bottle.

But, isn't that the very essence of todays 'Pest Control', lads?

Edited by Ken's Deputy

A mate of mine knew a concierge in a London apartment block who knocked out a wasp nest by shimmying up a ladder and blowing antpowder into it with a drinking straw.

A little bit of theatre goes a long way in pest control, and I personally wouldnt consider that method for less than £500 + tips, although the concierge did it simply to save his budget. Brave geezer.