Airgun Registration

1. Hi guys.
    There's a strong rumour going around that there will be an airgun registration process here In the UK as there Is In Scotland sometime In the near future. And I was just wondering how this would work. Would It be a case of just filling In a form to let the relevant authority know what airguns a person owns, or would It be like an FAC where you need witnesses etc.

Thoughts please lads ?
    God created Man And God Created Woman
    Sam Colt Made Them Equal
    WalkingAnt.gif
    Edit / DeleteEdit Post   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote   Multi-Quote This Message     

An airgun license for england has been talked about for a couple of years but I am not sure this will go any further as it was a huge mess in Scotland but there again look at the poison dwarf who is in charge of scotland.  It is a huge task in England to impliment a license because there are thousands of guns around the country with no record of where they are.  Personally, I have no issues in having a license as I have both shotgun and firearms licenses so one more is not a problem.

Phil

• Like 1

It was a huge task in Scotland , so they said as long as you had a current sgc,or Fac you had got reason to require a airgun till your cert expired then you had to apply for a airgun licence and it turned into a farce , I filled out pages and pages and then they said but you haven't filled out a airgun licence ?. more paperwork  and they didnt even question or record why i have a rimfire 2 shotguns and 5 airguns ?. they don't even record the make or calibres 

The only good point is if you have a FAC or SGC A AGC is only £10 compared to £100 if you only have a airgun ?. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, The one said:

The only good point is if you have a FAC or SGC A AGC is only £10 compared to £100 if you only have a airgun ?. 

WTF. Can you explain that further please. Where did this source of Info come from? So are you saying that If a person doesn't have an FAC or a Shotgun certificate then they have to pay £100 per airgun? Surely not. I've got 5 airguns and there's no way I'd pay £500 that's for sure ?

Edited by mjr88
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, mjr88 said:

WTF. Can you explain that further please. Where did this source of Info come from? So are you saying that If a person doesn't have an FAC or a Shotgun certificate then they have to pay £100 per airgun? Surely not. I've got 5 airguns and there's no way I'd pay £500 that's for sure ?

Nope only something like £95 to get your ticket not per air gun 

Go onto your local police site and they will have the prices on the renewal  i nearly said im getting rid of my airguns no paying that but remember when it comes in you can only trade sell them to somebody with a ticket 

• Like 1
On 03/08/2020 at 23:06, PLEDGEY said:

The population of Scotland is 5.5 million, London a lone is 8.9 million and the whole of England is 56 million. It would be a paper work nightmare for the Police. I just don't think they would be able to cope.

^^ This. The whole firearms licensing thing is a mess as it is without adding several million puff guns to the workload. 

Just now, walshie said:

^^ This. The whole firearms licensing thing is a mess as it is without adding several million puff guns to the workload. 

You want one dont you

go on tell the truth

YOU REALLY WANT ONE

???

• Haha 1

This was looked into last year at a coroner’s request. Didn’t come to anything. I was told by a reliable source that the police didn’t want it. It would be such a complete mess and wouldn’t achieve the desired outcome anyway. People who misuse and cause problems with airguns, or anything else for that matter, wouldn’t take any notice of it. Personally, I don’t think the police would have the time or recourses to implement it, and they have far more important issues to contend with anyway. That’s just my opinion.