• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He wants to get tree sap off his dog not skidmarks off his underpants....

Its a shame your real life appetite for antagonistic riposte only amounts to " i cant be arsed ".....i think id probably have a bit of fun with a lad like you.

Mr katchum you're right.This stuff can grow a new tail on a terrier ? Just about all rednecks In Dixie kept a barrel of burnt motor oil and sulphur and would plunge the dogs once a month.it would

Posted Images

On 31/07/2020 at 14:16, Greyman said:

Cant help you with the cure but the cause will more than likely be a conifer so if you only have one or two get them gone most tree saps are like water but pine sap is a different kettle of fish, good for making fire,glue and repairing a hole in your canoe ?

Exactly right its from Conifers,if it was the odd 1 or 2 id have them down but these are a few massive long hedges if i chuck a ball a bit too far for him he just smashes through them and comes out with this nasty resin type of shit....if left it hardens up and them drops off like a scab...ok its no big deal i just didnt really want him getting all marked up before he,s even done anything ?

IMG_3589.jpg

IMG_3620.jpg

• Like 1
On 31/07/2020 at 15:23, bird said:

A easier option gnash, would be to cover the trunk of the trees, go to any garden center and tell you want to cover the trees. They give you either  somthing to wrap around, or easier still a paint to cover all bark etc, think it white gnash ?

Its not the trunks though mate its the low hanging branches ?

On 31/07/2020 at 15:53, Arry said:

Would think proper Turpentine as I think that is made from distilled tree resin.

Cheers Arry

I did try a bit of Turps and it took 90% of it away ......but im finding if i dont get my hands on it within a couple of hours it hardens up and you,ve got no chance then.

• Like 1
On 31/07/2020 at 17:45, steve66 said:

How you getting on with your little plummer Gnash. Fancy one for knocking about. But try to resist the urge lol

He,s a good little lad mate.....bit highly strung and reactive around the house but smashing little dog for knocking about the countryside with :thumbs:

• Like 2
On 31/07/2020 at 20:56, WILF said:

I was cutting back a load of trees last week and my arms were covered in the stuff, swarfega did the job this time but normally thinners cleans anything or some turps mate.

Maybe these are some evil species of Conifer but what you're describing sounds like the tacky stuff the strongmen use for grip thats easy enough to get off.....but this stuff as i say its literally like a resin,once it hardens trimming it away before it drops off like a scab seems the only solution....ive even started him on the old vitamin E oil,havent used that for some years :whistling:

On 31/07/2020 at 15:10, Greb147 said:

Read one of your Stratton books pal, plenty of useful info in them. ?

No....im old fashioned..... if i dont know something i,ll ask.

What i wont do is try to bullshit my way through subjects i know nothing about then start throwing insults when i get embarrassed.

Editted to add/ask.....thinking about it,maybe you could get one of your " in the know " bulldog friends you was telling me about to think up a tree sap remedy ?

Edited by gnasher16
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

What i wont do is try to bullshit my way through subjects i know nothing about then start throwing insults when i get embarrassed.

The ultimate male. ?

Edited to add: Maybe you should stop throwing your ball in to the bushes you helmet. 

Edited by Greb147
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

The ultimate male. ?

Edited to add: Maybe you should stop throwing your ball in to the bushes you helmet. 

Its a shame your real life appetite for antagonistic riposte only amounts to " i cant be arsed ".....i think id probably have a bit of fun with a lad like you.

• Haha 4
24 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

It's a shame your bark is worse than your bite Lenny's lapdog. 

Stay in your lane Bob Sap. ?

Edited by Greb147
8 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Editted to add/ask.....thinking about it,maybe you could get one of your " in the know " bulldog friends you was telling me about to think up a tree sap remedy ?

I grew up with a father who was in logging.When on the job we used gasoline to get the pine sap off our hands.It will generally soften up hardened tree sap.It only takes a little generally.Hope this helps 

In a way it’s like bubble gum in hair an ice cube used to harden it up and it used to crack and break off I’d use an ice cube costs nothing and won’t harm the dog at all and if it don’t work nothing lost but if it works you’ve won the pools lol ?

On 31/07/2020 at 13:16, gnasher16 said:

Last time i had dogs i lived in a concrete jungle so havent really experienced this before.....how do you get this sticky nasty shit out of a dogs coat ?

Ive tried washing it and leaving it to go on its own but beyond cutting all my trees down is there some sort of countrymans concoction anyone could advise ?

vodka and olive oil 

• Like 1