Full greyhounds

22 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Put her ear tattoo into Greyhound Data, Joe, and it'll give you all the info.

Cheers.

Ask whin charts he’ll know it all you won’t need to type anything into greyhound data ?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As attached bud. 

Yes but when breeding lurchers your greyhound still has to be tested at the chosen game which for him will be fox... Too many think the greyhounds just for speed when your doing fox control both paren

no not rely lol, I don't usualy brag about dogs but I bred ben f1 sal grey, I only run small edible stuff as a rule, but I  used to go with a lad at night who would do any thing and in some rum places

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, JAE B said:

Ask whin charts he’ll know it all you won’t need to type anything into greyhound data ?

I'll take advice of most people. Never to old to learn is my motto.

But I draw the line at listening to the likes of that illiterate, ego centric, know all, bullshitting oaf.

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
2 hours ago, chartpolski said:

I'll take advice of most people. Never to old to learn is my motto.

But I draw the line at listening to the likes of that illiterate, ego centric, know all, bullshitting oaf.

Cheers.

and their his good points

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
9 hours ago, Nolly said:

I dont think any person in this game would go near a show greyhound mate, esp given the abundance of them outside of that scene that are working / racing and available (same can be said for a Deerhound if that was someones thing also). 

All comes down to horses for courses in my opinion.  

the show ref was for the man who said they were not tampered with mate, the greyhound is an essential ingredient in lurcher breeding nothing more imho, a lurcher is a far superior animal in all respects other than speed.

• Like 1

Yes but when breeding lurchers your greyhound still has to be tested at the chosen game which for him will be fox... Too many think the greyhounds just for speed when your doing fox control both parents have to be up for the job and actually enjoy it... Not just kill the odd fox... Same if your breeding lurchers for hare... You go to or have a coursing greyhound who's not just run at clonmel but run a few times a week during winter... There was 2 very game black bitches  in Donegal around 1994 and a lot of good lurchers at that time was bred from them.. them 2 greyhounds were treated like lurchers and had seen a lot of mooching laming and terrier work before they were bred from.. Too many just use ex track or coursing greyhounds but they have actually never been tested or seen very much..

And Mchull I admittedly never seen too many saluki xs work in 30 years of working dogs... But I've seen some.... But I've seen hundreds of strong dog xs being worked hard in that time.... What's that tell you... I live in Ireland where thankfully fox control with a dog is still legal...

Now admittedly I'm older and fox control is way more stricter and more frowned upon 15 years ago you could have knocked one in a housing estate and not an eyelid batted... And 4 days and nights a week were the norm... Dog work was work... So the proper footing is too start with a greyhound dog or bitch and a solid strong dog or bitch who loves the job... 

You talk about bull xs you have seen blow out after 3 minutes... That tells me the footings of that were all wrong and probably scatter bred at best with only hear say parents... Proper dog men put the miles and work in... Strong dogs are actually known for stamina. Second wind once the switch is flicked you best believe they have it... But not a hare lurcher... The Irish terrier x with saluki in it used to be a good x back here when I was younger and travelled about getting out with all sorts of men some sent the best coursing dog's to England. 

• Like 12
50 minutes ago, stop.end said:

Yes but when breeding lurchers your greyhound still has to be tested at the chosen game which for him will be fox... Too many think the greyhounds just for speed when your doing fox control both parents have to be up for the job and actually enjoy it... Not just kill the odd fox... Same if your breeding lurchers for hare... You go to or have a coursing greyhound who's not just run at clonmel but run a few times a week during winter... There was 2 very game black bitches  in Donegal around 1994 and a lot of good lurchers at that time was bred from them.. them 2 greyhounds were treated like lurchers and had seen a lot of mooching laming and terrier work before they were bred from.. Too many just use ex track or coursing greyhounds but they have actually never been tested or seen very much..

And Mchull I admittedly never seen too many saluki xs work in 30 years of working dogs... But I've seen some.... But I've seen hundreds of strong dog xs being worked hard in that time.... What's that tell you... I live in Ireland where thankfully fox control with a dog is still legal...

Now admittedly I'm older and fox control is way more stricter and more frowned upon 15 years ago you could have knocked one in a housing estate and not an eyelid batted... And 4 days and nights a week were the norm... Dog work was work... So the proper footing is too start with a greyhound dog or bitch and a solid strong dog or bitch who loves the job... 

You talk about bull xs you have seen blow out after 3 minutes... That tells me the footings of that were all wrong and probably scatter bred at best with only hear say parents... Proper dog men put the miles and work in... Strong dogs are actually known for stamina. Second wind once the switch is flicked you best believe they have it... But not a hare lurcher... The Irish terrier x with saluki in it used to be a good x back here when I was younger and travelled about getting out with all sorts of men some sent the best coursing dog's to England. 

A good knowledgeable post

• Like 1
4 hours ago, stop.end said:

what are you on about, I never said don't test the greyhound I said they are not as good as lurchers and their not,

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, two crows said:

what are you on about, I never said don't test the greyhound I said they are not as good as lurchers and their not,

Lol.. I'm not trying to make out they are just said to get good lurchers the greyhound needs to be good. And the other dog used as well. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, stop.end said:

I’m not saying saluki x better for fox work if your digging running smaller land mate 

I prefere theM for lamping running day bigger land mate 

come on a pure grey or bullx grey may have 3 mins running 25 mph after a fox in a paddock but what about say roe big slip or even a fox big slip open land 

a bull terrier has loads a stamina for what it was bred for take one out with lurchers see how long it lasts 

same with a grey no grey can last a night lamping like a lurcher be dead lol

33 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

I’m not saying saluki x better for fox work if your digging running smaller land mate 

come on a pure grey or bullx grey may have 3 mins running 25 mph after a fox in a paddock but what about say roe big slip or even a fox big slip open land 

a bull terrier has loads a stamina for what it was bred for take one out with lurchers see how long it lasts 

Lol if you think Ireland has only small fields then your more dillusional than I thought... This reply also tells me you have only seen a very low standard of lurcher in general I guess thats what happens when you're young and kennel blind.... 

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Doesn’t matter how big the land is, when it catches the fox it’s still got to deal with it.

I keep saluki lurchers myself they suit what I do but f**k knows why a lot of men that keep straight saluki/greys or coursing dogs have to make out they’re the ultimate lurcher, they’re good at what they’re bred for and some can have a crack at other things but they’re not all rounders & they’re definitely not fox dogs.

Just keep what suits you & stop running down other men’s choice of dog it makes you come across like you’re 12 years old and done next to nothing.

Edited by Shadow100
  • Like 2

The ones that I seen usually danced about them like Michael Flattley and sung like Pavarotti once the sharp end hit there muzzle, made a meal of foxes and tail up there hole when they were finished... Let's just say they weren't looking for a second... 

• Like 1

Lol 

of cause it matters how big the land 
small land hedge they don’t go near top end but I’m young and done next to nothing eg chase a deer in small field then in open watch the difference in there running lol

a half saluki grey is about the best all rounder there is in my eyes 

A good half Sal grey would absolutely slay a good bull x on rabbit hare deer that’s fact 

you say for fox it bullx I agree unless your lamping running biggish land 

more this season some one can show me a bull switch 3 mins in tank change me mind lol