Pigeons ?

Yep , more shots at a lower reg pressure 

my .25 impact is running at 72 ftlbs on 125 bar reg pressure with the power plenum fitted . Anyone who has a FAC older impact then these power plenum are worth fitting 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, villaman said:

my .25 impact is running at 72 ftlbs on 125 bar reg pressure with the power plenum fitted . Anyone who has a FAC older impact then these power plenum are worth fitting 

What do you think would probably be a good reg pressure for a .22 impact with 700mm barrel vm?  Mine is at 95 bar at the moment and I haven’t tried it at any other pressure other than 65 bar that it was set at (32ft lb)out of the box. It’s got a power plenum and it was running at around 43 ft lb on maximum at 95 bar reg pressure with 21 grain slugs. I’ve turned the hammer spring tension down a bit and it’s at 40ft lb now on max. Would going up to 125 bar be an advantage in .22 or do you think it would be too much ?  Sorry about all the questions vm,  but I know you have the .22 crown as well and a lot of experience with these fac fx’s .

35 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

What do you think would probably be a good reg pressure for a .22 impact with 700mm barrel vm?  Mine is at 95 bar at the moment and I haven’t tried it at any other pressure other than 65 bar that it was set at (32ft lb)out of the box. It’s got a power plenum and it was running at around 43 ft lb on maximum at 95 bar reg pressure with 21 grain slugs. I’ve turned the hammer spring tension down a bit and it’s at 40ft lb now on max. Would going up to 125 bar be an advantage in .22 or do you think it would be too much ?  Sorry about all the questions vm,  but I know you have the .22 crown as well and a lot of experience with these fac fx’s .

You want to  be shooting H&N slugs around 920-970 FPS . I shoot them through the crown at 925-930 about 40 ftlbs . Best thing is to try it at 120 and see what the shot count is like and accuracy 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, villaman said:

Wow crazy, what weight pellet is that vm?

25 minutes ago, philpot said:

Have you fitted the power plenum Si.

Phil

na.. dont think I need to Phil , I set impact up yesterday to shoot the hades, turned power down got it running well at 880fps and recon I got 80'ish shots off last night before I needed to top up!

although the fx slugs were w@nk in mine I had it launching them at 1050fps without the power plenum. 

save your pennies Phil :good:

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, philpot said:

Have you fitted the power plenum Si.

Phil

Phil my mate fitted one to his ( my old one ) and 600 mm barrel running at  62 ftlbs on 130 reg   , now he has tuned it to  900 FPS with JSB mk2 33.9 gr , absolutely brilliant, yes worth £113 All day long 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 31/07/2020 at 16:59, si brown said:

Nice going dev, there a good bit of kit!

once you get use to it you’ll be stretching it way further?

Yarp, a few years ago I’d never have thought I’d shoot a rabbit beyond a 100 yards with an air rifle. This one was 112, popped its eyes out. The two before this, I over compensated and missed over the top. 

C84BA9A5-03D1-49FE-A040-DC4F2FDF1CCF.jpeg

• Like 3