Nice pup that, had 2   3/8 pit 5/8grey, and a 1/4pit 3/4 Grey, they all made 26 in 70-75lb, I say looking at your pup, he prob go another 1 in  most mid - large dogs finish height, at 9 months old. My big 1x gsd xgrey stopped height 9 months old 28 in ,2 year old weight 40kg. His sire razzmatazz greyhound was 29in, dam gsd 24in. The 3/8 pit had bit more grit,  but the 1/4pit caught more stuff, and   enough fire in him, carnt beat good 1/4 pit 3/4grey?

16 hours ago, bird said:

Nice pup that, had 2   3/8 pit 5/8grey, and a 1/4pit 3/4 Grey, they all made 26 in 70-75lb, I say looking at your pup, he prob go another 1 in  most mid - large dogs finish height, at 9 months old. My big 1x gsd xgrey stopped height 9 months old 28 in ,2 year old weight 40kg. His sire razzmatazz greyhound was 29in, dam gsd 24in. The 3/8 pit had bit more grit,  but the 1/4pit caught more stuff, and   enough fire in him, carnt beat good 1/4 pit 3/4grey?

What made you go for gsd x then mate?

3 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

What made you go for gsd x then mate?

I be honest mate, I came very  close to getting one, my dog came from Joe Smith  from Brum. Joe wasn't breeding at the time, said prob a year after. I had collies and got old Bryn 13 in sep, there  great rabbit dogs deff, but I wanted a dog who do all quarry you put him on, idid here back about mongrel type alastians catching few rabbits and killing foxes, thie was in the 60s.they weren't lurchers just good knock about mongerls. Well  a lad on here if you remember put the post on asking that he wanted to  breed his gsd bitch. To either greyhound or whippet x grey, he wanted his own type lurcher  which is fair enough. I told him prob greyhound be better as pups be more level type in size and temp. Lad thanked and gave me Buck for no money,  I gave him £50 quid for his kids. Well 8 years on Buck  been a great lurcher, I couldn't ask for anything better. Regards pit x lurchers,  I think still think a 1/4pit plenty enough you still get a good dog, regards pace, stamina,  Buck had more than my bull xs, like drop pit in a lurcher,  but a well bred Alastian deff  hads loads to any lurcher line. 

• Like 2