Cold calling, blackpowder and rabbit.

3 hours ago, philpot said:

Oh been on those a few years along with glucosamine sulphate all for joints although whilst I am 30 in my head, I look and feel about 90 as I get out of bed and a founder member of the old tarts club ................................................. the tablets don't work ?

Phil

Old tart's!! ?

• Haha 1

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had an interview today, this morning. But on the way called in a new construction firm that makes steel buildings. Did a weld test and start tomorrow. I cancelled the other place...long boring story.

I guess I asked for that ? F@ck you lot , I’m off to watch “ loose women” !!!

I thought I was on the hunting life forum and not old people’s witchcraft forum ?

Posted Images

6 hours ago, philpot said:

Oh been on those a few years along with glucosamine sulphate all for joints although whilst I am 30 in my head, I look and feel about 90 as I get out of bed and a founder member of the old tarts club ................................................. the tablets don't work ?

Phil

Double the dose mate ,you know it makes sense .

• Haha 1

Great stuff Bernard congratulations on new job, keeps wolf from the door. 

@shovel leaner do you think the cod liver does anything?? Last month my left knee has really begun to ache (driving for 2 hrs today and had to pull over to stretch my legs!!) 

2 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

@shovel leaner do you think the cod liver does anything?? Last month my left knee has really begun to ache (driving for 2 hrs today and had to pull over to stretch my legs!!) 

Honestly, I don’t know . I can’t say I’ve felt any massive benefit, but I don’t think it can do any harm to try . 
       One thing I swear by is my copper bracelet with magnets in . I suffered with a bad back and cyatica and ultimately had an operation for a slIpped disc , I also have had a hip resurfacing operation. I was on ani inflammatory tablets and  powerful pain killers and felt like crap . Someone said to try a copper bracelet . Now when you are in pain and I’m not talking about a bit of an ache but the kind of pain that wears you down and effects you wellbeing. You will try anything . I’m not joking, I got the Mrs to go to town and get me a copper bracelet, she went into Boots and got one that happened to have magnets in , within about two days I had stopped taking all my ant inflammatory and pain killers , and I am feeling almost back to normal. I can’t overdo it but I’ve been wearing copper for 9 years now and I “believe “ it works . I don’t know if it’s all in my mind or what , but I don’t care it works for me . 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

If the wolf’s turned up at his door he’d probably open the door in his pj’s and shoot the buggers with a front stuffer ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
5 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

Honestly, I don’t know . I can’t say I’ve felt any massive benefit, but I don’t think it can do any harm to try . 
       One thing I swear by is my copper bracelet with magnets in . I suffered with a bad back and cyatica and ultimately had an operation for a slIpped disc , I also have had a hip resurfacing operation. I was on ani inflammatory tablets and  powerful pain killers and felt like crap . Someone said to try a copper bracelet . Now when you are in pain and I’m not talking about a bit of an ache but the kind of pain that wears you down and effects you wellbeing. You will try anything . I’m not joking, I got the Mrs to go to town and get me a copper bracelet, she went into Boots and got one that happened to have magnets in , within about two days I had stopped taking all my ant inflammatory and pain killers , and I am feeling almost back to normal. I can’t overdo it but I’ve been wearing copper for 9 years now and I “believe “ it works . I don’t know if it’s all in my mind or what , but I don’t care it works for me . 

I wear a copper bracelet.

Bought it decades ago. The magnets have fell out!

I bought because I ached riding a little motorcycle with clip ons. It did stop the aching on a long run so kept it on ever since.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, villaman said:

I thought I was on the hunting life forum and not old people’s witchcraft forum ?

Don't worry Mitch we know you are getting to that age so I will pm you all the medication details so the others won't know........................................

Phil

• Haha 2
11 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

Funny enough my dad has severe rheumatoid arthritis and is in constant pain. I saw him the other day and he was wearing a copper bracelet with magnets in and he said he had noticed a change in the pain so must be something in it.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Funny enough my dad has severe rheumatoid arthritis and is in constant pain. I saw him the other day and he was wearing a copper bracelet with magnets in and he said he had noticed a change in the pain so must be something in it.

It's true only I get a  more noticeable change in pain when my Mrs kicks me.

Usually after I say something to her.

• Haha 4

Well done on the new job ,and im a anti inflammatory chewer  ,decide to tear my quadracep muscle 2 years ago .Agony on long journeys il have a go on the magnetic copper bracelet routine. 

Dont like taking pills all the time. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Have to wonder why hasn't the medical professsion looked at dietary copper supplements and whether copper is low in the blood or older people need more copper (within toxicity levels). Unless I'm crazy, the only way a copper bracelet can help, is if copper ions pass through the skin into the blood, in which case surely a slightly higher than normal (for younger people) dietary source of copper is the answer (again within toxicity levels).