Cold calling, blackpowder and rabbit.

Had an interview today, this morning. But on the way called in a new construction firm that makes steel buildings. Did a weld test and start tomorrow. I cancelled the other place...long boring story.

It was raining bad here today. I dont know what it is but in bad weather I am always drawn to a flintlock! Probably years of hearing folk say they are useless in the rain etc etc. I admit today that it was suffering from high humidity and after the first failure realized I needed to change the prime regularly. I got two rabbits between downpours. I missed two and a pigeon. I made smoke and loud BOOMS ?

1579314524_IMG_20200727_1513074163.jpg.9d989ee897c55aac5e8fde035022ad84.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had an interview today, this morning. But on the way called in a new construction firm that makes steel buildings. Did a weld test and start tomorrow. I cancelled the other place...long boring story.

I guess I asked for that ? F@ck you lot , I’m off to watch “ loose women” !!!

I thought I was on the hunting life forum and not old people’s witchcraft forum ?

Posted Images

6 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

Good news with the job .? Hope it works out for you . 
     Just a thought, if your powder won’t burn , you could always “ fix bayonets “!!!?

Tried it but the rabbits are to fast for me!

In fact, a snail would be to quick for me!

38 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Tried it but the rabbits are to fast for me!

In fact, a snail would be to quick for me!

Old age is a cruel mistress my friend, I take a cod liver oil capsule everyday, supposed to be good for the joints . You would know it to look at me as I hobble  around . 
        I had to laugh the other day , I was talking to the guy who owns the estate I work on when the tractor driver ( who is notoriously work shy ) walked past,  and stuck on the back of his coat was a snail . Quick as a flash , the boss remarked “ Adam, he caught up with you “!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Oh been on those a few years along with glucosamine sulphate all for joints although whilst I am 30 in my head, I look and feel about 90 as I get out of bed and a founder member of the old tarts club ................................................. the tablets don't work ?

Phil

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
15 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

It was raining bad here today. I dont know what it is but in bad weather I am always drawn to a flintlock! Probably years of hearing folk say they are useless in the rain etc etc. I admit today that it was suffering from high humidity and after the first failure realized I needed to change the prime regularly. I got two rabbits between downpours. I missed two and a pigeon. I made smoke and loud BOOMS ?

1579314524_IMG_20200727_1513074163.jpg.9d989ee897c55aac5e8fde035022ad84.jpg

You did well to get two SD, being as you still had your welding mask on ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6