Black dog trading

I’ve had stuff off Paul Sullivan in the past terrible service & I thought his stuff was shit to be fair. Bellman & Flint close second to BDT in terms of leatherwork, but for collars in general it’s got to be Strong Stuff. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Shadow100 said:

I’ve had stuff off Paul Sullivan in the past terrible service & I thought his stuff was shit to be fair. Bellman & Flint close second to BDT in terms of leatherwork, but for collars in general it’s got to be Strong Stuff. 

What was the issue with Sullivans stuff mate ?, he cannot keep up with demand, and is using some of the highest  quality leathers

6 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

What was the issue with Sullivans stuff mate ?, he cannot keep up with demand, and is using some of the highest  quality leathers

Took 11 weeks for stuff to arrive, every time I phoned him he seemed like he didn’t have a clue what he was talking about. I found his leather poor as well cracked really easily after a bit of normal use. Know other people who’ve bought stuff from him and had the same experience.

Bellman and Flint stuff totally different class & cheaper, can order Monday and have it by Wednesday, better quality leather and I think better looking as well.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Shadow100 said:

Took 11 weeks for stuff to arrive, every time I phoned him he seemed like he didn’t have a clue what he was talking about. I found his leather poor as well cracked really easily after a bit of normal use. Know other people who’ve bought stuff from him and had the same experience.

Bellman and Flint stuff totally different class & cheaper, can order Monday and have it by Wednesday, better quality leather and I think better looking as well.

Doesn't sound good, he's offering replacements for anything that fails, but I can understand people wanting the BDT gear, I bought some collars and leads from him about three year ago, and he charged a lot less than some

21 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

Doesn't sound good, he's offering replacements for anything that fails, but I can understand people wanting the BDT gear, I bought some collars and leads from him about three year ago, and he charged a lot less than some

I think he’ll manage to get himself out of that though, because people wait that long for the original stuff they’d have a new dog by the time they got a replacement ?

• Haha 1

I got Strongstuff collars for mine a few months back 2” thick can’t fault them having had every type over the years these are perfect ? (especially when handling a lunatic terrier) a bit pricey for some but in the long run well worth it and service was 2nd to none.

• Like 3
On 26/07/2020 at 20:42, low plains drifter said:

jeemes on here makes good collars, also ajl leather craft, and Paul sullivan leather

How do you view there products? I'm after a leather double gun dog slip lead. Thanks