Bitch in season

Normally swell up abit before they start to drip blood, not always the case mind.... Day 12/13 is when they normally stand for the dog.... Get some of the wife's old knickers on her? keep the dog away from her for at least the next 3 weeks if it was me?

• Like 1

I go by the rough rule of  30 day cycle, 10 days coming in 10 days standing 10 days going out.
So that’s the 10 days of bleeding then from day 1 to 10,  then day 10 to 20 they will stand for a dog then day 20 to 30 they are still giving scent and attracting dogs but generally won’t stand.

thats just general rule. With little variation depending on the bitch

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Normally swell up abit before they start to drip blood, not always the case mind.... Day 12/13 is when they normally stand for the dog.... Get some of the wife's old knickers on her? keep the dog away from her for at least the next 3 weeks if it was me?

Poor dog would just have its face sticking out of a pair of giant bloomers! :laugh: Don't have a dog to worry about. Thank god it'll be over before the fishing comp.

19 minutes ago, trigger2 said:

I go by the rough rule of  30 day cycle, 10 days coming in 10 days standing 10 days going out.
So that’s the 10 days of bleeding then from day 1 to 10,  then day 10 to 20 they will stand for a dog then day 20 to 30 they are still giving scent and attracting dogs but generally won’t stand.

Makes sense. Thanks. 

On 22/07/2020 at 11:06, walshie said:

Poor dog would just have its face sticking out of a pair of giant bloomers! :laugh: Don't have a dog to worry about. Thank god it'll be over before the fishing comp.

This reminds me of one day circa 1987 when me and a lad I knew went into some odd shop in the town, I found this huge pair of y fronts in a basket about sixty inch waist as I hurled them at him they took flight and engulfed the Doris at the checkout

• Haha 2

As said they vary wildly,my Russell bitch would swell and mate (once successfully) on her first day wjthout any bleeding or anything.She chewed through a chainwire fence to unite with my dog.Others go the normal 11  or twelve days.My whippets seem to come on when it suits them, in unison.

Bitches start to change weeks before you see any blood spots .

if you no your dogs it's easy to notice the changes well before she swells and if you have more than one bitch the Alfa bitch will come into season first and she can make other bitches have silent heats like wolfs do in the wild so only she gets mated to keep the Alfa line going .. 

On 22/07/2020 at 10:47, trigger2 said:

That's about right ?

1 hour ago, Moocher71 said:

Bitches start to change weeks before you see any blood spots .

if you no your dogs it's easy to notice the changes well before she swells and if you have more than one bitch the Alfa bitch will come into season first and she can make other bitches have silent heats like wolfs do in the wild so only she gets mated to keep the Alfa line going .. 

No they don’t as if that’s the case my border bitch has always been in every 6mths without fail,she was due in last month but her daughter come in and gone but the bitch hasn’t yet.So goes to show you that theory isn’t true.

5 hours ago, lurchers said:

No they don’t as if that’s the case my border bitch has always been in every 6mths without fail,she was due in last month but her daughter come in and gone but the bitch hasn’t yet.So goes to show you that theory isn’t true.

Usually if you keep a few bitches they bring each other into heat. I think you will find it’s the same with close female friends in humans as well they have there cycle together if they are spending lots of time together.

16 minutes ago, trigger2 said:

Usually if you keep a few bitches they bring each other into heat. I think you will find it’s the same with close female friends in humans as well they have there cycle together if they are spending lots of time together.

Ya right mate it normally does but not this time for my bitch,like I said she is alway bang on time but it goes to show you not always.

• Like 1