Dead ferret

Just gone in to feed them and my spayed Jill was dead only just though still warm absolutely fine yesterday jumping about no marks or owt from her as she usually lives with a hob she could of been old as someone gave me her and didn’t know how old she was but usually if it’s old age it doesn’t just come at once 

1 hour ago, socks said:

This will Sound strange but Are you sure she is dead ... some ferrets go into a coma like sleep and you literally have to shake them out of it .....

Iv picked them up before now looking dead lifeless in that like coma state they can go into ? But feck they make you jump if they cone round sudden ? Lol

Sorry to hear that. Understand why you ask. Certainly my experience that old ferrets never die without some indication their time is coming. Also seeing other comments, old ferrets have sometimes not appeared at feeding, I've opened a nest box and thought they were dead only to have them wake up in my hand

The only natural quick death of a Jill we've had was likely a diabetic type response to an early stage cancer. Suddenly she was struggling to move, Regrettably we weren't sure what it was and within an hour she fitted and died. In future I would use a syringe to get some sugary fluid in their mouth

On ‎19‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 11:49, socks said:

This will Sound strange but Are you sure she is dead ... some ferrets go into a coma like sleep and you literally have to shake them out of it .....

this old jill of mine is like that every day....shes at least 8 if not 9 or 10 ...hasn't come in season these last two summers.....still in with the two hobs .....sleeps like a log....you can have her in your hands for a few mins till she wakes

• Like 2
On 19/07/2020 at 11:49, socks said:

That little white jill we used the other week is fuckingb terrible for it mate, I was sure she was dead the other day, absolutely lifeless for about 30 seconds in my hand and then her eyes opened... little twat!! lol

• Haha 1