any pups out there ?

18 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

A very common thing, another thing with line breeding as well a man will breed off a poor or untested dog, because he owned the mother/grandmother and thought a lot of her, which is fine if thats what works for them but they can’t then say they’ve got a fully tested line, because there’s been a link put in thats not been tested

Another thing with lines is when you put back in that everyone who keeps a line will have to do is the breeding an purity of what your putting in it can’t be guaranteed unless you keep a line of straight working greyhounds an straight working bedlingtons you could add any straight greyhound but your be ironing out your base beddy blood so the original dogs you started the line With there blood will have no credibility in what’s in front of you 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ffs i only asked if there was any pups out there ,didnt really need a lesson in  dog breeding  and genetics     

Looking at taking litter out of my bitch only thing she comes in season December time ones a year 3/8 beddy 5/8 greyhound back to dog same way bred blue bitch fawn dog ?

it makes a massive difference  in mho, depth  of breeding eliminates variation, { the bitsa factor lol } and as long as good workers are used only it  will improve your chances of getting a good pup n

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, poxon said:

Another thing with lines is when you put back in that everyone who keeps a line will have to do is the breeding an purity of what your putting in it can’t be guaranteed unless you keep a line of straight working greyhounds an straight working bedlingtons you could add any straight greyhound but your be ironing out your base beddy blood so the original dogs you started the line With there blood will have no credibility in what’s in front of you 

My f1 is out of a irish courseing grey dam and a mink stone kc working beddy and does all i need of her   ? Yet at this minute is on death row ? Keep beddy terriers and beddy lurchers can be nightmare coz they both aint got a reverse gear and iv just yet another fecking massive vet bill ? No softie. Beddys here but a bloody wish there was ?

1 minute ago, two crows said:

what do you intend to do long term to ensure you dogs continue to meet your standards ?.

Worker to worker with what I do dive in an out of racey bred beddyLurchers to higher base blood when I see what I’m keeping getting to cloddy 

• Like 1
Just now, poxon said:

For me the most important things are the dog in the kennel right now & the man behind it, it can have whatever pedigree it wants if the lad that’s got it isn’t keen & game enough to get out and give it loads of work it’ll never make anything.

Ive known a few with outstanding bloodlines & potential but they’ve been given to a half hearted owner so all the potentials meaningless, because they’ll never get a chance to fulfill it.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

You hanging round or mixing with wrong folk then pal ?

This Is a reference I’ve taken from off here your right most are wrong uns the reference could also be applied to some of these beddy types your trying to defend ??‍♂️

5 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Why need to add anything but another line bred halfx, an obviosul I been lucky ir just don’t mix with as many folks as yous do, but the coulle breeders that have gifted me linebred dogs in the past didn’t cut no corners, didn’t add dodgy links, an deffo ain’t kennel blind, like I said tho I may have been lucky 

poxon just to add without causing offence if that’s possible, but you come across as one most kennel blind folk on here, I know sometimes posts can be read diff to the way intended but your always at it?

I don’t mix with many 

kennel blind you’ve just had a half cross off some guy you don’t even know ?that’s took a gamble on breeding some halfcrosses ok pal?

• Haha 1

Surely a lines only as good as the men running it, if you're idea of testing is a few runs a fortnight when the dogs fresh & well rested you won’t have much success. If you’re prepared to travel, push your dog out of its comfort zone and get rid of failures then you’ll probably do ok. 
But I don’t keep a line I just keep anything that does the job so to be fair I’m not really clued you’re on line breeding ?

Edited by Shadow100
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Where am I defending beddy typed you nut job ? I’m talking about line bred dogs. I never owned any dog with beddy, see your too busy trying to bash summat you ain’t got to realise what we talking about ? 

if your experience of the dog world centres around this place then I suggest you log off for a bit ?

Your comments are against a beddy reply you dumb shit ?

we can all tell your getting back in the game with a new dog your big mouth is working overtime again ??

yeah probably will be logging of soon as the season starts it’s boring as f**k at the minute so I’ll guess I’ll have to put up with your shit for a bit longer 

• Haha 2
42 minutes ago, poxon said:

31 minutes ago, poxon said:

Worker to worker with what I do dive in an out of racey bred beddyLurchers to higher base blood when I see what I’m keeping getting to cloddy 

you will have a small gene pool doing that for very long, but they will get tipey, so may not get cloddy, however that mans beddy crosses could be a good outcross for you as straight bred, as long as they good enough would help no end.

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

For me the most important things are the dog in the kennel right now & the man behind it, it can have whatever pedigree it wants if the lad that’s got it isn’t keen & game enough to get out and give it loads of work it’ll never make anything.

Ive known a few with outstanding bloodlines & potential but they’ve been given to a half hearted owner so all the potentials meaningless, because they’ll never get a chance to fulfill it.

By fair point that, how many really test there dog, full potential? I tried to when I was younger, even when working, I still go out couple nights a week, was  a tester when I got back in house from 12pm - 4.30 am, kipa.on   chair for 1 1/hour leave house  be at work 7am , by Friday I was fooked, did this for  18 odd years. Finished work  and still lamped couple nights a week.and mooched every day with Buck, prob not tested  as  much as young bloke might do, but he still keep me freezer full,  been a good 8 years with him. But you right  mate, lines etc mean nout if the dog don't get enough proper work. 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, two crows said:

you will have a small gene pool doing that for very long, but they will get tipey, so may not get cloddy, however that mans beddy crosses could be a good outcross for you as straight bred, as long as they good enough would help no end.

How small can it be just about every beddy lurcher is a contender if they get to cloddy add a long dog I don’t keep a line there just type bred bitzas

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, poxon said:

How small can it be just about every beddy lurcher is a contender if they get to cloddy add a long dog I don’t keep a line there just type bred bitzas

lol yea but   you don't trust  no one.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, two crows said:

lol yea but   you don't trust  no one.

True I’m f****d then ?maybe there just have to show me what they can do rather than talk what they can do?? Showing me as worked fine in the past 

• Like 1