any pups out there ?

33 minutes ago, lurchers said:

The best thing about them dogs there mate there breeding can be traced back 40 yrs of true breeding,there’s not many lads on here can do that or they will tell you want you want to here.

Makes no difference how far back they can be traced most dogs can be traced back if records of the original dogs have been kept There still be no better bred than anyone else’s dogs that do a bit it’s all on what the pairing put together can actually do an how old they are an how much experience they have the rest is irrelevant an that’s if the pairing gells

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ffs i only asked if there was any pups out there ,didnt really need a lesson in  dog breeding  and genetics     

Looking at taking litter out of my bitch only thing she comes in season December time ones a year 3/8 beddy 5/8 greyhound back to dog same way bred blue bitch fawn dog ?

it makes a massive difference  in mho, depth  of breeding eliminates variation, { the bitsa factor lol } and as long as good workers are used only it  will improve your chances of getting a good pup n

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, poxon said:

Makes no difference how far back they can be traced most dogs can be traced back if records of the original dogs have been kept There still be no better bred than anyone else’s dogs that do a bit it’s all on what the pairing put together can actually do an how old they are an how much experience they have the rest is irrelevant an that’s if the pairing gells

I’m on about just Beddie to greyhound all the way though the bloodline with nothing else in the mix,I now it makes no difference if they perform the same as mixed breeds. Obviously that line has jelled as I don’t think the old boy who produces them would of kept them true to type.But I think if I wanted a certain breed I wouldn’t expect other things in the mix as I don’t like bullxs or saluki blooded dogs.You get a dog to use for the job you intend in all breeds good or bad but it’s your choice what you want.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, lurchers said:

The best thing about them dogs there mate there breeding can be traced back 40 yrs of true breeding,there’s not many lads on here can do that or they will tell you want you want to here.

yes its a nice stamp of a bitch he has ...

4 hours ago, riohog said:

it doesnt have to be a first X im after  ,

Yeh it makes sence, getting well bred beddy, from proper working lines. And not show stuff be deff the prob,. Maybe it have to be say beddy x   with drop of  pat or Jack in it genes just to get working bred terrier, just a thought ? And like you say not got to be 1x either,  2nd gen 1x or like the above breeding 3/8 beddy 5/8grey=lurcher x lurcher spot on ?

15 minutes ago, bird said:

Yeh it makes sence, getting well bred beddy, from proper working lines. And not show stuff be deff the prob,. Maybe it have to be say beddy x   with drop of  pat or Jack in it genes just to get working bred terrier, just a thought ? And like you say not got to be 1x either,  2nd gen 1x or like the above breeding 3/8 beddy 5/8grey=lurcher x lurcher spot on ?

No one with working beddys would ever put russel in there mix there fekked up enough as it is ?

2 hours ago, poxon said:

it makes a massive difference  in mho, depth  of breeding eliminates variation, { the bitsa factor lol } and as long as good workers are used only it  will improve your chances of getting a good pup no end. 

• Like 7
5 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

No one with working beddys would ever put russel in there mix there fekked up enough as it is ?

OK, but if the beddy it self in pure form not of working stock no more, maybe you have to out x to get the beddy back on track, if you see what I mean. Like any ped breed really. If it lost size, temperament etc, sometimes it nerds to be done to improve the breed. Maybe out x then to a working wheaten  then, if not a jack or pat, somthing deff got to be Done to save the breed. 

2 minutes ago, bird said:

OK, but if the beddy it self in pure form not of working stock no more, maybe you have to out x to get the beddy back on track, if you see what I mean. Like any ped breed really. If it lost size, temperament etc, sometimes it nerds to be done to improve the breed. Maybe out x then to a working wheaten  then, if not a jack or pat, somthing deff got to be Done to save the breed. 

They already have fell and lakey blood which is good enough ?and few idiots have used. Border which was a big mistake ? Like russel would. Be ask any serious folk working beddys ? Nowt wrong with good stain russels as they are ?

I think breedings important to an extent but people look too much in to it, a dogs grandparents can’t run for it, and how many lines is there where the men can honestly say they’ve tested every dog fully and only bred best to best since the very beginning? Barely any i bet.

I’ve had dogs with extensive fancy pedigrees going back 30+ years, and the best dog I’ve ever owned was just a scatterbred lurcher x lurcher that cost £100.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, lurchers said:

I’m on about just Beddie to greyhound all the way though the bloodline with nothing else in the mix,I now it makes no difference if they perform the same as mixed breeds. Obviously that line has jelled as I don’t think the old boy who produces them would of kept them true to type.But I think if I wanted a certain breed I wouldn’t expect other things in the mix as I don’t like bullxs or saluki blooded dogs.You get a dog to use for the job you intend in all breeds good or bad but it’s your choice what you want.

I’m not slagging there dogs off mate but I suppose it’s what you choose to believe or how easy your taken at the garden path?? 

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, two crows said:

it makes a massive difference  in mho, depth  of breeding eliminates variation, { the bitsa factor lol } and as long as good workers are used only it  will improve your chances of getting a good pup no end. 

I agree in theory but That’s all ??

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

The thin with line bred dogs. Is you know what your getting before you get it pretty much, scatter bred dog could turn out like anything , a lot variation an some folk don’t want that, an there is deffo few folk out there with tested lines an can make all dogs grafter an used ?

My question as always been when people start going on about lines is when they say it’s great great granddaughter an the dog there breeding to is only 5yrs old that would make the dam 2 with one yrs work behind it not very tested 

4 minutes ago, poxon said:

My question as always been when people start going on about lines is when they say it’s great great granddaughter an the dog there breeding to is only 5yrs old that would make the dam 2 with one yrs work behind it not very tested 

A very common thing, another thing with line breeding as well a man will breed off a poor or untested dog, because he owned the mother/grandmother and thought a lot of her, which is fine if thats what works for them but they can’t then say they’ve got a fully tested line, because there’s been a link put in thats not been tested

Edited by Shadow100
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

A very common thing, another thing with line breeding as well a man will breed off a poor or untested dog, because he owned the mother/grandmother and thought a lot of her, which is fine if thats what works for them but they can’t then say they’ve got a fully tested line, because there’s been a link put in thats not been tested

That’s just the point I’ve been trying to get at without trying to offend any one I’m not for one minute slagging this mans beddy greyhound type off I take me hat of to them but with close bred stuff there’s always some kennel blindness an skeletons in the closet that won’t get found out