Price of dog food

On 18/07/2020 at 09:42, joe ox said:

Its about eighty mile from me, for the money I would save it isn't worth the time and effort ?

I've used the place for meat a few times when I've been over that way,it's quality meat but like you say it's not worth the time and effort plus price of fuel to travel there just for meat .

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They raw food suppliers must be making a good bit of cash  got today 180 kilo chicken bits and 35 kilo green tripe cost £30 took  40 mins to mince and bag it more than 4oolb of meat  cost £30  to buy

That's what I call a bargain Davey ?..i'm not going to lie I don't feed my lot the real high quality meat I once did,I just don't work them hard enough to warrant it these days..the dogs all look reas

aldi.. chicken wings..£1.50.a kilo ..fresh...

Posted Images

9 hours ago, MickC said:

I've used the place for meat a few times when I've been over that way,it's quality meat but like you say it's not worth the time and effort plus price of fuel to travel there just for meat .

I went there for a truck load of chicken carcassess and a couple of boxes of wings for a barbecue , then i said the trucks no quite full can i order more , and the daft lassy at reception says yes when would you like to pick it up , I said how about now since im here . No chance you have to order it and then come back tomorrow for it . I said forget it 

As said by the time you count the fuel there no saving but it was a day out 

• Like 1
On 17/07/2020 at 16:40, nothernlite said:

They raw food suppliers must be making a good bit of cash  got today 180 kilo chicken bits and 35 kilo green tripe cost £30 took  40 mins to mince and bag it more than 4oolb of meat  cost £30  to buy be a few po20200717_151138.jpg.9d10113592e5161879922fed107962c1.jpg20200717_153031.jpg.133fe828923d3d0317d66d5a1ee1824b.jpgunds 

That's great value, I pay €25 euro for a 25 kg bucket of minced tripe. 

On 17/07/2020 at 16:48, colliejohn said:

I get my dog food off my local butchers stall, quality raw mince what puts a back on the dogs, reasonably priced too, at the end of the day I feed my dogs proper because a good dog man should Bluezak. Regards Collie John.

Good dog man ????

• Haha 1

I pay 35p per lb for minced chicken, beef, lamb & tripe. Chicken wings & duck necks I think are 85p per 2.5kg

I just get the offal from the supermarket or butcher as and when. Bit of brown rice and some fish once a week. Then a veg cube each a couple of times a week, I make them myself, I mince a load of seasonal veg, some apples etc and freeze them into big ice cube trays about 50mm square.