Price of dog food

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They raw food suppliers must be making a good bit of cash  got today 180 kilo chicken bits and 35 kilo green tripe cost £30 took  40 mins to mince and bag it more than 4oolb of meat  cost £30  to buy

That's what I call a bargain Davey ?..i'm not going to lie I don't feed my lot the real high quality meat I once did,I just don't work them hard enough to warrant it these days..the dogs all look reas

aldi.. chicken wings..£1.50.a kilo ..fresh...

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Shadow100 said:

That’s still not too bad tbh 50p per lb when it’s packed up for you, a lot of pet food places are double that 

The butchers by mine is 50p a lb if youbuy 100lb,  the local raw feed suppliers are a lot more.

14 hours ago, colliejohn said:

Nowt snidey about my comments pal, all the local Lurcher lads, coursing lads, and gundog lads use the same butcher. Regards Collie John.

Give it a rest you and get the St. Bernard our more ?

• Haha 2

I just buy from the super markets at the minute I’ve no numbers of dogs to feed just one dog I hit All the bargain buys up I’ve done this since the beginning of lock down I just stock pile the bargains. I buy a tray of tripe from our local pet shop every couple of weeks an a bag of biscuits everything month or so I feed 75% raw 25% biscuit 

• Like 3
13 hours ago, nothernlite said:

Joe are you not near frank birds at penrith 25p kilo of chicken bits carcasses backs and wings 

Its about eighty mile from me, for the money I would save it isn't worth the time and effort ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, nothernlite said:

Joe are you not near frank birds at penrith 25p kilo of chicken bits carcasses backs and wings 

I used to get mince chicken from Frank's,it came in two 9kg slabs so 18kg per box..it was for years £5 per box so only about 12p per lb but the last time I bought it I think it was £7 per box,still cheap at that though,the boxes of chicken carcasses are handy from there too..now I just get 18.5kg bags of minced meat/offal from the Abbatoir for a tenner,picked about 120lb of scran up yesterday for £30

• Like 1

All you lads feeding a lot of chicken do you feed anything else or you just feeding mince chicken frames? How are you off setting the bone an meat content? Genuine question and are you adding offal? Any added supplements added?

6 minutes ago, poxon said:

All you lads feeding a lot of chicken do you feed anything else or you just feeding mince chicken frames? How are you off setting the bone an meat content? Genuine question and are you adding offal? Any added supplements added?

The chicken carcasses are generally just from young chickens and are easily eaten/digested by dogs when raw buddy,they are quite soft..I even feed them to my pups from 6 weeks old

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, poxon said:

I just mix up chicken, beef, tripe, sardines & some seaweed as a natural multivitamin. This young dog I’ve got at the moment looks best on an all meat & fat diet, if I cut down the meat & add carbs he loses condition quite quickly.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, poxon said:

I feed half kibble half raw mince, the kibble is soaked.

• Like 2
On 18/07/2020 at 10:50, FUJI said:

The chicken carcasses are generally just from young chickens and are easily eaten/digested by dogs when raw buddy,they are quite soft..I even feed them to my pups from 6 weeks old

?. 6 weeks turn around on meat chickens for supermarket I believe.  Nice young soft carcass.

On 17/07/2020 at 16:40, nothernlite said:

They raw food suppliers must be making a good bit of cash  got today 180 kilo chicken bits and 35 kilo green tripe cost £30 took  40 mins to mince and bag it more than 4oolb of meat  cost £30  to buy be a few po20200717_151138.jpg.9d10113592e5161879922fed107962c1.jpg20200717_153031.jpg.133fe828923d3d0317d66d5a1ee1824b.jpgunds 

Haaaaaaaa . You cocked when I said I'd bring double what we minced the next day lol . Just give me a days notice davie bhoy