Price of dog food

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They raw food suppliers must be making a good bit of cash  got today 180 kilo chicken bits and 35 kilo green tripe cost £30 took  40 mins to mince and bag it more than 4oolb of meat  cost £30  to buy

That's what I call a bargain Davey ?..i'm not going to lie I don't feed my lot the real high quality meat I once did,I just don't work them hard enough to warrant it these days..the dogs all look reas

aldi.. chicken wings..£1.50.a kilo ..fresh...

Posted Images

Beef and tripe was 70p per kilo, chicken was free. Money doesn’t come in to it with my dogs I’ll pay for whatever they need but it’s nice to feel like you’re getting good value, raw pet food is big business these days with all the BARF experts that have appeared on Facebook over the past few years.

Some of the prices are unreal, like that natures menu stuff, fairly low quality meat & sky high prices, was in a shop the other day and they were charging £2 per kilo for tripe, and not even good tripe

F76E4C97-C1EA-4574-B977-01329A4BC540.jpeg

DD69CA2D-A6FF-4FB4-86D0-351FE1224818.jpeg

BB363B21-3CBE-43C6-903F-0E92BB45089E.jpeg

Edited by Shadow100
  • Like 2
23 minutes ago, colliejohn said:

I get my dog food off my local butchers stall, quality raw mince what puts a back on the dogs, reasonably priced too, at the end of the day I feed my dogs proper because a good dog man should Bluezak. Regards Collie John.

What a stall omg proper backs ffs jon its 3/4 collies you run if they never had a proper back on them you would have problems always got to get a we sniddy comment in  but love you for it ??

27 minutes ago, nothernlite said:

What a stall omg proper backs ffs jon its 3/4 collies you run if they never had a proper back on them you would have problems always got to get a we sniddy comment in  but love you for it ??

Nowt snidey about my comments pal, all the local Lurcher lads, coursing lads, and gundog lads use the same butcher. Regards Collie John.

That's what I call a bargain Davey ?..i'm not going to lie I don't feed my lot the real high quality meat I once did,I just don't work them hard enough to warrant it these days..the dogs all look reasonably fine but I know we're I working them to the extremes come the winter they would certainly be lacking..

My pup Bella last evening ?

PSX_20200716_214721.jpg

• Like 8
Just now, FUJI said:

That's what I call a bargain Davey ?..i'm not going to lie I don't feed my lot the real high quality meat I once did,I just don't work them hard enough to warrant it these days..the dogs all look reasonably fine but I know we're I working them to the extremes come the winter they would certainly be lacking..

PSX_20200716_214721.jpg

The raw place charge 90p a lb from  the same place i got my stuff chicken is fit for humans  green tripe is just not washed so definitely a steal mincer cost me £500 bit well worth it over tbe years get money back had about 500 rabbits through it end of the season so no costing for that pup looks great as usual andy you certainly look after your dogs 

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, FUJI said:

PSX_20200716_214721.jpg

Lovely looking dog. Regards Collie John.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, joe ox said:

Bargain, cost me £150 for 300lb of minced chicken carcass in 1lb packs yesterday to top my freezers up.

That’s still not too bad tbh 50p per lb when it’s packed up for you, a lot of pet food places are double that 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FUJI said:

PSX_20200716_214721.jpg

Looks well that dog, but you’re definitely right, hard days running on the mountains dead of winter if a dogs not taking in serious calories they’ll end up a bit worse for wear. 

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, joe ox said:

Bargain, cost me £150 for 300lb of minced chicken carcass in 1lb packs yesterday to top my freezers up.

Joe are you not near frank birds at penrith 25p kilo of chicken bits carcasses backs and wings 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Is it correct that even when meat is kept frozen it will go out of date after 3 months, just wondering for those who buy in mass bulk and maybe have it in the freezer for maybe 6 months or more ? 

No sure use to get chicken from a raw dog food guy and when defrosting it would go brown and smell and you were paying good money that chicken today was fresh doing it yourself you can see the quality