How kelpies doing?

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another aussie type

Mine is turning out as I had hoped, Comes with me everywhere, she can go all day, But just lays quietly if there’s not much going on, Strong desire to work and hunt, can be a bit nervy sometimes

Sod it! I decided to be brave and do it again straight away. Noggin's on the left and Ned's on the right. This was taken on Dartmoor a couple of weeks ago. We went up Cawsand Beacon for the view but t

Posted Images

Was out 2 weeks ago with my bitch, 1st time ferreting for her, she malked a few and we caught a few, she was a bit of a disaster with the long nets but improved a little by the end of the session, the rabbits are scarce here though, all my old haunts are devoid of rabbits, so it's going to be a shitty season I reckon

IMG_20200906_095635.jpg

IMG_20200906_092337.jpg

IMG_20200906_100122.jpg

• Like 7
  • 3 weeks later...

Sounds like she’s doing ok. Nice to see young dogs pleasing there owners. Just got back in myself from doing a few hours. Young dog done well again for 3 rd time this week. Great to see the young uns at it. Wish I could get mine at it a bit more but he really football and computers although he not lazy. His football 4 times a week.Atb igz

• Like 1
4 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Can’t seem to find the original thread if jigsaws about this litter, so I’ll stick this here, 

season started now, temps have dropped, wind an rain have made appearance, my bitch was a tad confused tbh, no doubts about it, so much drive, an so much herding genes had her running about like a headless chicken ? upped the work load a bit( say upped but it’s just more little trips than all nighters) 

she doing well now, settled an started sussing out the game, been out 3 times this week an a bit ferreting ( which she is doing well at, when she steadys up a bit) I’m sat here typing this as my lad an his mate have the bitch out for a few spins, I been relegated to the car an only good enough to be driver these days ?it’s the holidays an they mad keen what can I say?

anyways feel like a broken record but still very happy with the young bitch, she doing all I want an more, joy to have around will make a decent bitch at this rate hopefully ?

just a little update an I’ll get a few pics of her when the lads get back to motor ?

Great stuff

On 25/08/2020 at 04:40, nothernlite said:

Its when a dog is at it best mooching working for its catch or chase 

I'm blessed to live where I live, get to see this game every other day and starts straight out the back gate, got to admit it is fun to watch when in range to see it.

• Like 1
On 30/10/2020 at 12:25, Sirblessed said:

I'm blessed to live where I live, get to see this game every other day and starts straight out the back gate, got to admit it is fun to watch when in range to see it.

im cursed where i live, im in the city and have been stopped sat and sunday by the cops ,their bleeding everywhere,i was starting to get the bitch busy but all thats stopped for another few weeks ,i cant really contribute to the post as ive nothing done with them to date really ...good to hear someones having a bit of sport with one of the litter anyway 

8 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Sport is exactly what we having mate, not the fattest or best at turning bit a long way to do be a proper working dog aswell an obviously a halfx so never gonna be a speed demon turning on sixpences but I knew what I was getting, it’s why I got it? but drive is there, willing to learn is there so we will keep having some sport with her an see how we get on, she still tired tonight tho so she staying in ?

just back from a local quarry with the dogs,we went out back roads and avoided all the faster routes,their having plenty of galloping and stuff but not rabbiting, they were bred soley for ferreting and a bit of gun fun,and anything else will be a plus,the dog pup i have i think is a bit of a fast lad,and the bitch isnt too bad,she had one very long run a few weeks back on a bolted rabbit and couldnt get in to it once it hit open ground, but in amongst the trees and ditch she came close a few times ..im a bit pissed off tbh i cant get out and see how the dog goes,their both fine with the ferrets and are reasonably steady when out ,be nice to tune em in and have a wander regular like ...the one concern is their not seeing any sheep at the minute and how they react in amongst them in the future makes me anxious 

Edited by jigsaw

my dog pups very excitable ,but the bitch is driven  (the dog hasnt seen a rabbit yet so is not switched on at all) and when i did show her sheep,she was a bit twitchy , i had to keep reminding her that mutton wasnt part of the plan, i was not relaxed at all with her tbh, and i was determined to sort it,but the 1st lock down came, work is mental the whole time, 6 days a week and i cant get a day off to work with her.hopefully over x mass i can cram a lot in  lol if i have the energy

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...