Best days shooting ever

Received a call Friday from a farmer saying hundreds of pigeons and crows on the wheat. I thought I would have a look to do some recce for Saturday,  there was hundreds but right in the middle of the field on a flat patch. I was set up for 4.30 am with my hide in the middle of the field just off the flat patch. First bird was shot at 5am and last bird shot at 5pm - a 12 hour shift. I was absolutely knackered but well worth it as I shot my PB 229 birds - 175 woodies & 54 jackdaws for 295 shots. Excuse carp pic as couldnt pick all birds and after a 12 hour session wasnt going to display them ...

20200711_071226.jpg

20200711_171037.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

thats a mint session fh ? never come close to a day like that. 

noticed the pigeons had moved off the barley and onto the wheat last week so I had a couple of hours the other day, my timing was bad and limited due to work but for the first half hour of me being there they were suicidal.. no hide just a leaf jacket and couple of bouncers in the wheelings, the bouncers were pulling birds in from a crazy distance

2 hours ago, Stavross said:

That’s some shooting ? I’ve never had 100 bird day, come close once or twice but I’d of definitely had more shots than you 

I've never had a 100 bird day on woodies but always dreamed of it . Dont go shotgun shooting very often so was over the moon to smash the ton. Funny how it happens when least expect it , I was expecting to bag up on the blacks ?

• Like 4

Just looking at the back of that truck and it's contents can you imagine the country side when the anti lead freaks and vegans have won.

Spring watch will be called crow watch hosted by special needs host......

Autumn watch will be called badger and crow watch presented by the vegan society of unGreat Britain.

Where's that archery catalogue...

• Like 2

That's what you call a good day out, well worth putting the hours in when the end result is as good as that. 

I can only dream of days like that? just don't seem to get the numbers on my perm, they always seem to be on some other crop (good for my Farmer but not for my freezer ?