Call from the police

Just arrived home after shooting and had a great evening with the FX crown .22 FAC , this guns makes me smile more and more , taking 7 rabbits at 110-120 yards and going down with out a kick . 
Any way this permission is owned by a very good friend of mine it’s one of two farms he owns, plus he gets me to do all the building and refurbishment work on both farms . All the tenets know me , but one woman swans around thinking to owns the place . Well I get home and my wife comes running out saying the police would like to talk to you . My wife handed me the phone and the police said do you still own the van and read out the reg , I said yes i do she went on and said someone has reported it being abandoned and are you sure it’s with you , I said I’ve just driven it home from the farm where I have been shooting .

this woman who probably reported it does not like me shooting and should get a fine for wasting police time and my bloody time 

stupid silly little bitch ?

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Dervburner said:

On a different note, are you using slugs or pellets in the crown vm? I’ve got some 21 grain h&n’s and some 25 grain jsb slugs but haven’t tried them yet.

21 gr H&N slugs , all most thinking about getting rid of .25 , may be turn it into .22 , specially when the new FX adjustable pellet prob comes out , apparently will push it up to 70 ftlbs.22 

Hoping H&N would come out with a .25 slug but unfortunately they can’t get them to work yet and doubt they will be out anytime soon and JSB seem to gone quite on .25 slugs 

• Like 1

Not trying to be funny here mitch but if you had logged in with police and when she rang them they would have told her straight away they no the van there because your shooting on permision

27 minutes ago, pav said:

Not trying to be funny here mitch but if you had logged in with police and when she rang them they would have told her straight away they no the van there because your shooting on permision

Know what you are saying , but abandoned vehicle wouldn’t be parked neatly on the farm yard and more than likely doors wide open and not locked up ,like I said she knew it was me anyhow .

well the farmer had  a go at her to day 

but will phone the police tonight when I go ??

• Like 3
5 hours ago, villaman said:

21 gr H&N slugs , all most thinking about getting rid of .25 , may be turn it into .22 , specially when the new FX adjustable pellet prob comes out , apparently will push it up to 70 ftlbs.22 

Hoping H&N would come out with a .25 slug but unfortunately they can’t get them to work yet and doubt they will be out anytime soon and JSB seem to gone quite on .25 slugs 

I don’t know anything about the adjustable pellet probe, but I was told that mine would do 60ft lb with its 700mm barrel. I can well believe that, because with the reg pressure only on 95 bar and still loads of adjustment left on the hammer spring and air flow valve, it will run at 43/44 with jsb 18.1’s. I’ve turned it down slightly for pellets and it’s running on the adjustment wheel at min 25.5 to max 40 with 18.1 grain pellets. If I turned the reg pressure up, it’ll be interesting.....?

16 minutes ago, villaman said:

Know what you are saying , but abandoned vehicle wouldn’t be parked neatly on the farm yard and more than likely doors wide open and not locked up ,like I said she knew it was me anyhow .

well the farmer had  a go at her to day 

but will phone the police tonight when I go ??

Yep I no what you mean I often get people reporting me last one was a female vet who I have met before said to the police she was in fear of her life 

• Sad 1

I think your farmer friend needs to have a word with her if she is living on his land.  I agree with pav, there is a lot to be said about registering in with the police although since the restriction on shooting has been lifted, I have not been phoning in to them.

Phil