Been having a little play with some different size nuts for ammo as they seem to do a lot more damage than bb,s used to use them as a kid but never took any notice of sizes  just used what you could find, so anyways had some m6,[BANNED TEXT], and m10 nuts to try out, recon I,m going to stick some m8s in my pocket when I go out as they seemed by far the most accurate,consistent and the damage on cans was huge, m10s were ok but a bit slow and m6s seemed to have a mind of there own even missed the target box a few times and for the first time in years sustained an absolute beauty of a hand hit,?? so for anyone thinking of having a pop avoid the m6,s will update when I have a hunt with the 8s

160CC8D1-DF24-408D-B600-B6F20539CBFA.jpeg

• Sad 1

Ya [BANNED TEXT] is all I use,m10 a bit slow and big,never tried m6.I don't use steel balls at all,seem hard to get delivered to Ireland,I've had orders from the UK that were refused delivery to here.I use [BANNED TEXT] for hunting and targets and I only ever had one hand hit.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Shortstraw said:

Curious......whats  the price of hex mmmmmm88888888 ( won’t let me write [BANNED TEXT] without deleting it)

They work out more expensive than bb,s if your buying them by the 1000 but the fact you can just pop into scewfix or any other hardware type place and grab a 100 for under £3 just makes it a bit more convenient and if it ups the kill rate then definitely a winner ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

They work out more expensive than bb,s if your buying them by the 1000 but the fact you can just pop into scewfix or any other hardware type place and grab a 100 for under £3 just makes it a bit more convenient and if it ups the kill rate then definitely a winner ?

Agreed, definitely horses for courses.

I bet you used a few curse words when that happened.......I’ve two or three little scars on my left index finger...by Christ they hurt and took a while to get better.

Fortunately I don’t have a lot of feeling in my hands, 40years of hitting your hands with  hammers and slipping spanner’s takes it toll, plus in nearly 50 years of firing a catty I must have done that a few times ??

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

The main reason I prefer the hexnuts over anything else is simply that I find it easier to hold then between my fingers in the pouch. Oh dear, I've just realised that sounds like a line from a Carry On Film.☺️

Sometimes I get ammo out, put it in the pouch but then don't get the chance to take the shot so simply keep hold of it in the pouch but found I kept dropping them if they were spherical.