Evening ratting .

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Farmer called last  minute as usual and explained they were pulling one of the small sheds . Don’t get exited as there wasnt much activity .  Just myself and son in law .Farmers Russel  x too .

Here’s the vid and yes I am the fat c**t lol.  

Posted Images

This shed had a wet middle where a drinker had been fecked .We usually get the driver to let the slurry go before we start as we did here but still a fecking mess .Mossburg 12 off here had his boy flat out in a wet pit few years back ,poor lad ?.

• Haha 3
35 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

This shed had a wet middle where a drinker had been fecked .We usually get the driver to let the slurry go before we start as we did here but still a fecking mess .Mossburg 12 off here had his boy flat out in a wet pit few years back ,poor lad ?.

Then went trenches up threw the piles are a nightmare. But in the scratch areas great sport for the dogs if you take it steady not to many escape. How do you get the stink out the last shed I done my mrs went ballistic. The stink was unbearable. 

4 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

My lad went into a pile to help the Plummer dispatch summat a while back an got home an by fcuk he was stinking, we hosed him down in garden an then the poor wee fcuker come out in a serious rash, looked like burns, was getting anti histamine an it was clearing up but soon as it wore off it come back, was like it for days? wasn’t nice an I felt bad for him for a wee while ?

4 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Tomato juice is used here to get skunk spray off of a dog.I don't know if it works for ratshit but might be worth a try.

It's the massive amount of ammonia in chicken shit that burnt Katchum's lad rather than the rat shit..

• Like 3
18 hours ago, fireman said:

It's the massive amount of ammonia in chicken shit that burnt Katchum's lad rather than the rat shit..

Sorry I forget to quote people on here.I was talking about washing the dog in tomato juice to remove smell.Not aimed at katchums kid.There used to be a recipe tomato juice and lemon juice I believe.

For the ammonia burns my father would have poured burnt motor oil and sulfur on me ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 11/07/2020 at 19:00, Gypsydog94 said:

Then went trenches up threw the piles are a nightmare. But in the scratch areas great sport for the dogs if you take it steady not to many escape. How do you get the stink out the last shed I done my mrs went ballistic. The stink was unbearable. 

We wash dogs on site if possible and soak cloths in a bucket overnight before machine washing .Been doing it for 20 odd years same place  and it’s an evil we put up with .

Get some looks in Mac Ds on the way home though lol.

• Haha 2

There never has bad the movable sheds, the worst sheds were the old battery sheds with dropping pits the shit could get up to 6 feet deep and if the drinkers had been leaking the smell could knock you over,we used to go in with waders on the only trouble was when the machines started to move the shit the rats would go every where,and was quite common down your waders I'm not frightened of rats but down waders isn't very nice,I always struggled to get lads to come ratting in those days.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, foxdropper said:

We wash dogs on site if possible and soak cloths in a bucket overnight before machine washing .Been doing it for 20 odd years same place  and it’s an evil we put up with .

Get some looks in Mac Ds on the way home though lol.

I wash mine on sight but always seem to stink worse once the dogs get wet again. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Pirate 9000 said:

There never has bad the movable sheds, the worst sheds were the old battery sheds with dropping pits the shit could get up to 6 feet deep and if the drinkers had been leaking the smell could knock you over,we used to go in with waders on the only trouble was when the machines started to move the shit the rats would go every where,and was quite common down your waders I'm not frightened of rats but down waders isn't very nice,I always struggled to get lads to come ratting in those days.

My mates got a couple sliding sheds. We had a rat drive once. 12 ton swing shovel and 6 12 bores my ears were ringing but brilliant bit of sport if you can be safe 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1