RIP Jack Charlton

10 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

It must have been hard being the brother of one of this country’s greatest sporting icons , but what a man . 

there’s a little fishery near me That he used to come to.  I’m not into fishing at all but a few of my pals are . Including a lad who was born with a few disabilities. Jack charlton paid for them all to have a week on the bank there When he seen them signing in . this was about 94ish 
Always liked the man Before and after that ! 

He was involved with a disabled fishing club here. Also spent time on the river bank with the members

• Like 1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sad a proper mans man not like the shampoo advertising, take a knee because I,m told to, over manicured, over payed bunch of Fanny’s that have replaced him, 

My enduring memory of Jacky Charlton is of a debate he took part in, on TV. It was about Field Sports. There was Jack, and another guy, on the one side. Sat in their chairs facing - across a low table

They did a mural of him on the side of a building in Ballina last week overlooking the The Ridge Pool which is a well know prime salmon spot and one he would have fished many times, they unveiled it t

12 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

He sponsored a fishing competition for disabled kids at Keilder. We used to fish there the day after, as you knew it would have been well stocked for the competition !

Cheers.

When he was manager at Sheffield Wednesday he lived on our shoot at Worsbrough Hall. He had a small trout pool constructed by damming a stream and excavating around it. Just so he could relax and have a bit of fly-fishing away from the public. I'll bet he loved his time in Ireland.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

It must have been hard being the brother of one of this country’s greatest sporting icons , but what a man . 

there’s a little fishery near me That he used to come to.  I’m not into fishing at all but a few of my pals are . Including a lad who was born with a few disabilities. Jack charlton paid for them all to have a week on the bank there When he seen them signing in . this was about 94ish 
Always liked the man Before and after that ! 

He is a legend in Ireland. His bro was nothing compared to him. We even have a football song about him. 
Don’t know how much he like his own country men after 1995 though. 

i shook his hand in 1984 in nottingham at a game fair ,i was a young man then and he was a gent ,i spoke to him briefly and its safe t say he hadnt a clue what the fuk i was saying ,but he was a larger than life idol of mine back then,,RIP big Jack

When I decided to pursue amphibious quarry with my terriers I researched the internet and found Jack's game mink.I must have watched it a hundred times.I had no one here to help me learn as it's not done here.Thanks Mr Charlton for helping a kid in Dixie chase his dreams.

Rest in Peace 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Rickshaw swami said:

When I decided to pursue amphibious quarry with my terriers I researched the internet and found Jack's game mink.I must have watched it a hundred times.I had no one here to help me learn as it's not done here.Thanks Mr Charlton for helping a kid in Dixie chase his dreams.

Rest in Peace 

Nice to see he was liked wide spread ,no one in the prem fit to lace hes boots that's for sure ,silky skills dont beat attitude and manners that guy had ,think any forward in todays game are grateful they wouldn't be up against him ! 

• Like 1